As an engaged couple, the question of having a destination wedding may come up. After all, who doesn’t get excited about the idea of going somewhere gorgeous and unique to exchange your wedding vows? If you find yourselves debating on “should we” or “shouldn’t we”, take a look at these ten reasons to have a destination wedding. Our Destination Wedding Specialists are here to help!
- You can say “I do” anywhere! A destination wedding is defined as marrying at least 100 miles from where the bride currently lives. That means an endless amount of options for you to choose from!
- You’ll stand out from the pack. More than 2 million American couples wed every year – and fewer than 25 percent of them have destination weddings. The plus side of this is that you won’t have to choose from the same old hometown spots all of your friends have booked.
- It’s easier. With the help of a Destination Wedding Specialist, you will have a hassle-free planning process. They take care of all the details for you so you can enjoy your day! Many resorts also offer special packages to choose from and some even have on-site coordinators that will assist you once you arrive.
- You can save on decor. Having a destination wedding in a stunning setting offers unlimited options – from castle fairytale, to sea-inspired soiree. It doesn’t take much to dress up a beach backdrop or a blooming garden. You’ll be covered with a few simple florals and other modest accents.
- Enjoy quality time with loved ones. The standard wedding lasts for five hours, and the bride and groom spend most of that time running from table to table, trying to say hello to everyone. A destination wedding usually spans a minimum of three days – which means you can spend quality time with your friends and family.
- Guests can save on a vacation. Ask your Destination Wedding Specialist about discounted room rates for groups. Some airlines also offer discounts fares for groups of 10 or more. Ultimately, your friends will have a blast! Destination weddings give friends and family (not to mention yourselves) the downtime to sit back, relax, celebrate and enjoy.
- It’s a great excuse to limit the guest list. The very nature of a destination wedding – they require travel, a longer time commitment and hotel stays which gives you the perfect excuse to cut down on an often unmanageable number of guests to invite. You can always throw a post-wedding party when you arrive back for everyone that wasn’t able to make it.
- You’ll share a locale you love. Part of the joy of a destination wedding is showing off a place that has special meaning to you and your spouse. Be it bringing friends and family back to a beloved college campus, sharing where you took your first vacation as a couple or finally going to a location you’ve always dreamed of visiting.
- Flexible timing helps with budgeting. You’ll be at your destination for a few days, so work with your Destination Wedding Specialist to see how timing can trim costs. After all, if everyone is already there, you can wed on a Friday, Sunday or even Tuesday – day of the week does not matter when in paradise! Looking at seasonality might help as well. Prices may drop during down times.
- You can start the honeymoon early. Just arriving at your destination is sure to put you in a relaxed mood as the pre-wedding festivities begin. After the big day, relax and enjoy paradise with your spouse and family and friends.
Contact one of our Destination Wedding Specialists here or by calling 888-369-8785. We can’t wait to begin the planning process of your magical day!