Wanda, of Fox World Travel, recently went on a trip to Denver. She says that there are 7 stops that you absolutely cannot miss!
1. Historic Cripple Creek: A visit to the World’s Greatest Gold Camp is a look into the past and an adventure in the present. The area’s rich and colorful history comes to life in one of the many museums or tours.
2. Echo Canyon River: A great place to visit if you have an adventurous side. Eco Canyon River Expeditions offers gorge trip, zip-lining, ATV adventures, camping, rafting, and so much more!
3. Historic Manitou Spring: Manitou is a wonderful community home to world class artisans, musicians, attractions and public art displays. With 11 natural springs throughout the town, many Native American tribes found the area to hold special healing powers! Manitou had some of the best shopping and local dining establishments around. The Historic District is lined with unique art galleries, one-of-a-kind gift shops and trading posts with handcrafted Native American treasures. Manitou Springs is home to dozens of artists and art galleries.
4. Garden of the Gods: The world-class Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center is your gateway to the Park. This most visited attraction in the Pikes Peak region offers guided nature walks and free interpretive presentations daily.
5. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo: Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is America’s ONLY mountain zoo and home to one of the largest giraffe herds in the world! With incredible views, a large collection of incredible species of animals, hands-on learning activities and much more, your family will love this adventure!
6. Cave of the Winds: With two amazing cave tours and daring attractions atop breathtaking Williams Canyon, Cave of the Winds is the perfect adventure for your family! Your family can explore deep inside the mountains with their really cool cave tours and then experience the thrill of high-flying action outside with their rides, especially the new Terror-Dactyl open now!
7. Pikes Peak: Grab your family and bring your own car to take this 19-mile scenic journey above the clouds! The safe, scenic highway provides you the opportunity to enjoy Pikes Peak Mountain and the Pikes Peak Highway at your leisure. From the gateway at an elevation of 7,400 feet, you’ll encounter some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world as you wind your way through an alpine wonderland of scenic beauty, mountain reservoirs, beyond timberline, overtaking the clouds…all along the way to the 14,115 foot summit of America’s most famous mountain.
Along the way, you’ll discover the North Slope Recreation Area, Crystal Reservoir Gift Shop, Historic Glen Cove Inn, and the Summit House. There are three lakes for fishing, picnic areas, hiking trails, and breathtaking views. Stop and watch one of our “Meet the Ranger” Interpretive Programs and learn about the history, myths, flora and fauna on the mountain. All offer visitor services and basic necessities to make your day both enjoyable and memorable.
Related PostsView More
Alaska Travel Tips with Fox Alaska Experts
If you’ve never been to Alaska, now is the time to start thinking about planning a trip to the Last Frontier. Whether you decide to visit by cruise with our very own Colleen Alsberg or Rose... Read More
Top Chicago Tips from Fox Stars
Whether you’re in town for a long layover or that big conference, we understand that you may not have time to do research when it comes to what to eat, see and do in Chicago – This is where... Read More
Choose Baltimore for Your Next Corporate Event
Looking for a change of scenery when it comes to your company’s next big event? Beautiful Baltimore offers all the features of a larger city without some of the stress points that may deter... Read More