Your travelers can offer valuable feedback on your program, so we give them the tools to be heard. And not only do we give you guidance to take action on these insights, we use the feedback to drive our own improvements and innovations. We get you better buy-in, higher compliance and build happy travelers
“Everything we do at Fox, from our processes, customer service training and even the technology we create holds the traveler experience at its core,” said Fox Director of Customer Experience Mia Beltran. “It’s not just about getting people from A to Z, but making sure that before, during and after travel they are supported. We work closely with our travel managers to identify how a potential traveler is feeling each step of the way, from the excitement of getting on a plane to the anxiety of being away from home. This helps an organization a create custom travel program based on their travelers needs.”
By using the latest customer data, Fox can stay ahead in the ever-changing industry that is travel. Fox’s focus on the needs of the customer was featured in this case study from our NPS® survey partner Listen360.
Know Your Travelers
Research shows that supporting business travelers’ needs and wants can be key to building your travel program as well as bolstering recruitment and retention of key traveler positions. Get to know your travelers so you can build a travel program that supports traveler productivity, company profitability and organizational growth.
According to research by the Global Business Travel Association, business travel satisfaction has a strong correlation to employee job satisfaction and policy compliance:
- 79 percent of business travelers report that the experience they have during business travel affects their job satisfaction. Among millennials, that number jumps to 88 percent.
- Potential employees look for a travel policy when considering a new employer, with 59 percent of respondents reporting that a company’s travel policy influences employment decisions.
- Among companies reporting a 90 percent compliance rate with air travel, 93 percent of travelers said they were satisfied or very satisfied with their travel programs.
This all adds up to something we already knew…travel programs matter. Knowing what your travelers want is key to recruitment, retention and productivity.
What do business travelers want?
In order to better understand traveler need, Fox World Travel invested in Net Promoter Score® surveying of all travelers. “By asking every traveler about their experience, we’ve learned what’s most important to them and use that knowledge to ultimately improve the traveler experience,” says Mia Beltran, Brand Manager at Fox World Travel. Over time, and feedback from nearly 50,000 travelers, Fox has seen the difference an effective travel policy can make. Each travel program is unique, but Fox’s observations include:
- Safety support is essential: Travelers want peace of mind that their company cares about their safety and wellbeing whether it’s a weather-related issue, twisted ankle or regional incident.
- Access to reliable internet is key: Travelers want to be productive on the road, so survey after survey has showing access to reliable internet as one of the most important trip factors.
- Importance of convenient flight times and hotel locations: Travelers want an efficient itinerary, so they can make the most of their time on the road and get back home for personal obligations.
If your Travel Management Company isn’t providing you with traveler feedback, secondary research from respected organizations like Global Business Travel Association and Business Travel News can help travel managers get a feel for traveler need. Most helpful will be to find out for yourself what’s important to your travelers. That doesn’t necessarily mean a massive survey — you can learn a lot by going out and talking to your travelers. “Simply asking traveler opinion on the best and worst aspects of travel can be very insightful in building a travel program that supports travelers and your organizational goals,” shares Beltran. “If we get better in tune with what our travelers want—really understanding the traveler and their needs—it can contribute to a travel policy that helps travelers be more productive and keep them on the job longer.”
Communicating with your travelers
Whether you are communicating with one traveler or thousands, our tools will help you do your job more efficiently. These tools assist the travel manager in providing information to and keeping in touch with travelers during every step of the travel experience.
- MyFoxWorld 3i – Our mobile app makes information accessible by the touch of a finger on the day of travel. The app can house everything from itinerary information to destination maps. It can even send push notification alerts about airline delays and cancellations, as well as 24-hour check-in reminders.
- Fox Invoice 3i – A completely redesigned and highly customizable itinerary to interact and communicate with travelers.
- Fox Waivers 3i – Informing travelers when opportunities are available to adjust scheduled flights and avoid airline change fees through the use of advanced airline waiver technology.
- Fox Portal 3i – Our traveler portal offers individual user-authentication for a personalized travel dashboard, communicating important trip and company information.
Pre-trip communication tools
Fox World Travel’s pre-trip communication tools give you the ability to communicate regarding travel policy before the traveler begins his or her journey.
- Pre-trip approvals: Fox World Travel provides policy management for companies to ensure their travelers are making the best choices at the time of booking. So, for example, if the cost of a hotel reservation needs a pre-approval, we will seek that approval. This automated process makes it easy for travel managers and travelers to know if and when the business travel is approved.
- Compliance messaging: This message reminds travelers of correct travel choices based on company policy when certain pre-determined choices exist.
Communication on the road
Perhaps one of the most difficult communication challenges is tracking down travelers while they are on the road. It can be especially stressful when messages are urgent, like when a travel itinerary must change, or security may be compromised. Fox World Travel gives you peace of mind by providing ways to communicate no matter where your traveler is in the world.
- Know the real-time status of travelers: It’s difficult for travel managers to know the real-time status of travelers. Fox World Travel offers travel managers a tool that provides a visual overview of travel activity, country-specific risk levels and the option to initiate two-way communication with travelers. These messages—through text or email—can be generated quickly and may be targeted to multiple travelers at a time.
- Traveler alerts: Fox World Travel identifies weather or security issues worldwide and shares information with travel managers. The technology can be customized to send only to travelers who will be impacted.
2020 Magellan Award Tackling Unused Ticket Burdens
Fox World Travel has been awarded a Travel Weekly Magellan Gold Award for...
2020 Magellan Award Innovating Implementations
Fox World Travel has been awarded a Travel Weekly Magellan Gold Award for...
Fox World Travel 2020 Magellan Awards
Travel Weekly announced Fox World Travel as the winner of two 2020 Magellan Gold...
Choosing the Right Platform for Your Virtual Meetings
How many Zoom meetings have you participated in since March? 10, 100, over...
The Logistics of The Logistics For Virtual Meetings
Virtual meetings have become a necessity for this year, but that doesn’t mean...
Touchless Travel – Closer to Reality Than You Think
More than perhaps any other event in modern history, the COVID-19 pandemic has...
Emergency TMC Implementation: What’s Your Back Up Plan?
As much as businesses and individuals try to plan ahead, we are all too aware...
Cleanliness, Contracts and Policy: Getting Ahead of The Rapidly Changing Airline Industry
What we know: The airlines will be forever changed. What’s unclear: Where and...
What’s On Your Someday List?
At Fox, innovation and passion are at our core. We regularly encourage and...
World Mental Health Day: Taking Care of Business Travelers
On October 10, Fox World Travel joins in observing World Mental Health Day....
Fox World Travel Partners with Traxo
Fox World Travel, a business travel management company (TMC), and Dallas-based...
5 Things Your TMC Should Be Doing For You Right Now
What is your TMC doing for you while your travel is stalled? Your role as a...