Training & Development Specialist Travel Management Company (TMC) - Oshkosh, WI
We are currently seeking a creative and supportive Training & Development Specialist for our Business Travel Division who will be responsible for creating and delivering comprehensive training programs for business travel consultants to ensure performance standards are achieved and capabilities are continuously improved.
This specialist position will increase our consultants’ abilities and performance in all facets of business travel including (but not limited to) consulting skills, travel/product knowledge, customer service excellence, as well as proficiency with multiple travel technology tools and software programs. This is a hands-on role that supports Travel Management Company (TMC) services.
A day in the life of the Training & Development Specialist at Fox may include:
- Develop an ongoing process to identify operational efficiencies and make recommendations for review by senior management.
- Train efficiency with technical skills in an understandable and user-friendly manner for new associates, as well as refresher training for existing associates for key software programs.
- Regularly investigate best practices of external training from travel suppliers, industry associations, and other third party providers in order to make recommendations or modifications for program enhancements.
- Maintain a favorable and collaborative working relationship with team members in all departments to foster of environment of trust and mutual respect.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of operations and services performed.
This Might be the Job for You If You:
- Have experience with software programs including Apollo, Smartpoint, Travelport, ARNE, Booking Builder, ARC compass and Outlook calendar.
- Possess and maintain strong teaching, training and communication skills with the ability to guide others toward individual professional growth and development.
- Possess strong decision making and problem solving skills with the ability to make sound judgements.
- Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and make decisions within the functional area of responsibility with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate with confidence and create a credible impression.
We’d Love It If You Also Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Human Resources, Organizational Development or other related field.
- At least three years of previous experience in training and development role.
- Proven ability to train one-on-one and with groups.
- Prior experience in the travel industry is strongly preferred.
- GDS proficiently, Travelport experience preferred.
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Here’s what Fox World Travel has to Offer You:
Fast-paced, flexible and willing to Find-A-Way work environment. As one of Wisconsin’s largest travel companies and one of the elite “Top 20” in the US, we have experienced rapid growth in recent years. So much in fact, Inc. Magazine has named us one of the 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America, 3 years in a row! This allows Fox World Travel to offer competitive salaries and benefits, while maintaining a special small company feel. We are committed to employee development and try to fill most of our positions from within, which means you'll have room to grow and advance your career.
Please email your cover letter and resume (in MS Word format, please) to: Human Resources Department or mail cover letter and resume to:
Fox World Travel, Inc.
Attn: Manager, Human Resources
P.O. Box 2386
Oshkosh, WI 54903-2386
Qualified applicants will then be contacted as suitable positions become available. Thank you!View other career opportunities