Travel Technology Specialist
Responsible for contributing to the advancement of Fox World Travel Technology Systems and Services to include maintenance and development of Travel Automation Systems, and to include coordination with Online Product Systems supporting all divisions of Fox World Travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Work with development team to implement cost-effective, quality automated processes and routines to maximize efficiency and service for our frontline associates.
- In coordination with the Fox Implementation Team, successfully onboard new clients by identifying custom requirements, setting up applications, and serving as a subject matter expert during the implementation process.
- Provide expert level knowledge on assigned technology products as a product owner/specialist.
- Provide technical support to both internal and external customers for Fox World Travel Technology Systems.
- Conduct research and facilitate problem resolution for service issues across Fox World Travel Technology Systems.
- Process standard operational technology duties and tasks
- Document Standard Operating Procedures for all automation tasks and customer facing technologies.
- Train both internal and external customers on the use of Fox World Travel Technology Systems.
- Document support calls, accomplishments, daily tasks and project tasks for continuous improvement.
- Meet & strive to exceed quality and productivity goals.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and application of technology products.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of travel vendor practices, programs and operations.
- Maintain confidentiality of Fox World Travel business practices and client information.
- Consistent application of Fox World Travel practices and programs.
- Strive for continual improvement through training and constructive feedback.
Demonstrate ability to relate to internal and external clients, as well as vendors at various levels within their organizations using diplomacy and tact.
Demonstrate ability to work under pressure and effectively multi-task while maintaining professional rapport with clients.
- Ability to work flexible hours/shifts as determined by business need
Maintain a favorable and collaborative working relationship with team members in all departments to foster an environment of trust and mutual respect.
Enhance the organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
Drive standards and best practices whenever possible and effectively foster a culture of engagement.
Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of operations and services performed.
Other duties, projects and alternate assignments as determined by business need.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
1-2 years travel Industry experience preferred and/or equivalent technology education or practical experience
Education or practical experience with mid-office, script programming or other related travel technology systems
Global Distribution System proficiency, Apollo preferred
Project Management Specialized Training and/or practical experience in leading special projects
Practical experience in process development
Exceptional customer service skills
Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
Strong verbal, written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Skilled in usage of various software application packages to include: Word/Excel
Customer-focused and service-oriented
Communication proficiency – verbal and written; appropriate use of grammar
Information gathering and monitoring skills
Problem analysis and problems solving skills
Highly adaptive, change management and coaching skills
Sound judgment and decision-making ability
Attention to detail and accuracy
Flexibility; ability to work efficiently and effectively with frequent interruptions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Note: The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach above shoulders, and move from place to place. The incumbent is frequently required to talk and listen and use hands to finger manipulate or handle. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The incumbent will occasionally be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an incumbent encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular attendance is necessary to successfully perform this job; extended hours may be necessary from time to time. The incumbent works in an office environment where the noise level is low to moderate. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Occasional business travel, overnight stay may be required for training events and to visit Fox World Travel locations.
Please email your cover letter and resume (in MS Word format, please) to: Human Resources Department or mail cover letter and resume to:
Fox World Travel, Inc.
Attn: Talent Acquisition Consultant
P.O. Box 2386
Oshkosh, WI 54903-2386
Qualified applicants will then be contacted as suitable positions become available. Thank you!View other career opportunities