Training and Development Specialist
Fox is currently looking for an exceptional individual who is responsible for creating and delivering comprehensive training programs for business travel consultants in the Business Travel division; thereby, increasing our consultants’ abilities and performance in all facets of business travel including (but not limited to) consulting skills, travel/product knowledge, and customer service excellence, as well as proficiency with multiple travel technology tools and software programs. This role will coordinate, design, deliver, monitor and assess development programs to ensure consistency in the message, performance standards are achieved, and capabilities continuously improved.
We are looking for someone who wants to soar with us and be a part of the exciting and ever-changing travel industry.
A day in the life of the Training and Development Specialist at Fox may include:
- Developing an ongoing process to identify operational efficiencies and make recommendations for review by senior management.
- Training efficiency with technical skills in an understandable and user-friendly manner for new associates, as well as refresher training for existing associates, for key software programs including but not limited to: Apollo, SmartPoint, Travelport, ARNE, Booking Builder, Client pricing structure, online support, ARC compass, Outlook Calendar, and other key tools and services.
- Regularly investigating best practices of external training from travel suppliers, industry associations, and other third-party providers in order to make recommendations or modifications for program enhancements.
- Maintaining a favorable and collaborative working relationship with team members in all departments to foster an environment of trust and mutual respect.
- Recommending new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of operations and services performed.
- At least 3 years of previous experience in a training and development role; proven ability to train one-on-one and with groups; create training programs
- Have prior experience in the travel industry is strongly preferred
- Have GDS proficiency, Travelport experience preferred
- Possess and maintain strong teaching, training and communication skills with the ability to guide others toward individual professional growth and development
- Effectively communicate (verbal and written) and present with confidence and create a credible impression; ability to work closely with all levels of the organization
We’d Love It If You Also Have:
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
Organizational and planning skills
Communication proficiency – verbal and written; appropriate use of grammar
Attention to detail and accuracy
Fast-paced, flexible and willing to find-a-way work environment. As one of Wisconsin’s largest travel companies and one of the elite “Top 20” in the US, we have experienced rapid growth in recent years. So much in fact, Inc. Magazine has named us one of the 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America, 5 years in a row! This allows Fox World Travel to offer competitive salaries and benefits, while maintaining a special small company feel. We are committed to employee development and try to fill most of our positions from within, which means you'll have room to grow and advance your career.
If you like the sound of what it means to be a Fox World Travel team member and you meet the qualifications above, please submit your resume along with a brief explanation about why you would be a good fit for this position to: [email protected] .
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please email your cover letter and resume (in MS Word format, please) to: Human Resources Department or mail cover letter and resume to:
Fox World Travel, Inc.
Attn: Talent Acquisition Consultant
P.O. Box 2386
Oshkosh, WI 54903-2386
Qualified applicants will then be contacted as suitable positions become available. Thank you!View other career opportunities