As business travelers ourselves, we understand what makes for a successful business trip and what makes for a stressful one. An experienced business traveler knows the hiccups that could surface during any trip. Still, the climate of travel looks a little more unpredictable today.
Our business travel experts share tips and tricks to help travelers navigate their trips more efficiently, creating a better travel experience. At the end of the day, we are not happy unless our clients are happy because the traveler experience is what defines our accomplishments.
Cleanliness is an essential service for any traveler. As most business travelers have experienced, hospitality cleaning processes have transformed due to COVID-19 and staffing challenges.
- Call ahead to ask what cleanliness standards are in place to avoid the spread of COVID-19.
- Utilize hotels that incorporate touchless interaction, including remote check-in and keyless door entry.
- Upon checking in, if you notice the room has not been properly cleaned, alert the front desk immediately. Most hotels will accommodate you and switch your room if there is available capacity. If there is an issue, speak directly to a manager on duty.
- PRO TIP: The larger brand hotels such as Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Best Western, or Choice have implemented cleanliness standard programs that their hotels participate in.
Limited Restaurant Access
- Contact your hotel or check their website ahead of time to find out if they have on-site restaurants and hours of operation.
- If there are limited or no on-site restaurant options, lean on your hotel staff! Ask what nearby delivery options are popular, or if there is a grocery store nearby.
- Pack snacks before leaving for the airport. This may seem like a simple solution, but sometimes the simplest solutions make the biggest impact. Whether you are weekend meal-prepping, packing lunches or trying new “grab n’ go” snacks from the store, packing ahead may save the day as many flights are no longer offering meal options.
- Bring an empty, reusable water bottle through the security gate at the airport. Then, fill it up after security and stay hydrated throughout your boarding and flight.
- PRO TIP: Look for restaurants in the main terminals of the airport. Some airports are closing restaurants in smaller terminals, but they typically aren’t your only option!
It’s never fun to be thrown a curveball and have your schedule shift from what was originally expected. Working with a TMC can help alleviate some of the stress that goes along with flight cancellations and rebooking.
- Fox sends out email alerts prior to any trip our travelers take. We also include reminders to pack masks, hand sanitizer, etc.
- If you are at the airport and a delay or cancellation occurs, get in line at the airline desk at the gate and call your Fox agent at the same time. This gives you double the support to get onto another flight quickly.
- If there is an emergency or security event while on the road, your travel manager can quickly find and help assist you if you’ve booked through Fox. We pride ourselves on finding solutions for our impacted travelers immediately.
- PRO TIP: Sign up for Fox’s free Altitude text alerts or download the Fox World Travel mobile app to get flight updates and changes in real-time, both prior to and during your trip.
Fox is focused on the traveler experience. We are always here to help take care of your travelers and ensure that they are set up for success to accomplish your goals.
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay in touch.Subscribe Now
Related PostsView More
A New Year, A New Proposition: Expect More
Written by: George Kalka, Vice President – Business Travel The new year rings in opportunities for a fresh start. Resolutions are set and new habits are formed. It’s no different for... Read More
Business Travel Updates: January 2023
Fox World Travel’s VP of Supplier Solutions, Mike Heck provides his Business Travel update for January 2023. Southwest Airlines and Winter Strom Elliott We all know what happened. During the... Read More
Have You Considered These Details When Selecting Your Incentive Destination?
Planning an incentive program for your most profitable customers or an executive retreat for your top decision makers? Do you know the ins and outs of the planning process, the best hotels... Read More