With over 20 years of Alaska experience, Fox World Travel Tour Manager Colleen Alsberg welcomes you to join her as she heads `North to Alaska` to explore the most beautiful and popular national parks in the state! You`ll find yourself immersed in the grandeur of Denali National Park, Alaska`s Inside Passage, Glacier Bay National Park & more on this special customized itinerary!
Your tour includes a 6-night land tour and a 7-night cruise onboard Holland America`s classic ship Nieuw Amsterdam. As you travel the many scenic miles of this great state, you`ll experience and learn more than you thought you ever would! Alaska is calling. It`s time to go!
Welcome to Fairbanks, Alaska! Upon arrival, you’ll meet your Holland America Journey Host at the hotel. Our wonderful tour starts tomorrow. We recommend arriving prior to 10:00 pm if possible, for Holland America transfers.
Hotel: Westmark Fairbanks
We embark on a fun full day tour of Fairbanks and the area. Start with a train tour to Gold Dredge #8 and pan for your own gold. Then we take a 3-hour Discovery Riverboat trip up the Chena & Tanana rivers to learn about the Athabascan life. Lunch is Included at Steamboat Landing.
Hotel: Westmark Fairbanks
This morning we depart Fairbanks by coach around 9:00 am and arrive in Denali National Park about 1:00 pm. Enjoy a free afternoon in this beautiful area. There are many optional excursions to choose from or just relax in your beautiful surroundings. Don’t forget to check out Denali Square’s restaurant, bar, shops, live entertainment and fire pits, all with a lovely mountain view.
Hotel: McKinley Chalets
It’s an early start today on our Tundra Wilderness Tour into Denali National Park. Keep an eye out for the Big-5 wildlife and a glimpse of Mt. Denali. Our naturalist guide will show us the way. Snack Box Included. Tours may start as early as 5:00 am and return in the early afternoon giving you more personal time to relax or join a variety of optional excursions.
Hotel: McKinley Chalets
The McKinley Explorer Train departs Denali National Park at 9:30 am. Relax as we travel through spectacular scenery and we make our way to Anchorage. Lunch is Included on Train compliments of Fox World Travel. Arrive Anchorage around 5:00 pm, just in time to enjoy dinner at one of many fine restaurants or take in Anchorage on a trolley sightseeing tour.
Hotel: Hotel Captain Cook
Your morning is free to explore Alaska’s largest city. Grab a coffee and head over to the huge Farmer’s Market (opens 10:00 am) if you wish. Or enjoy the comfort of your hotel until we depart. We head to Seward at 12 Noon and arrive at 4:30 pm. Cuddle puppies and take a sled cart ride on an optional Seavey Dog Sled Ididaride Tour.
Hotel: Windsong Lodge
Enjoy a relaxed morning among the pines at the Windsong or you may choose to join an optional cruise to Kenai Fjords National Park for your first glimpse of glaciers and marine life. Early this afternoon, we board the coach for our ride up to Whittier, a sleepy little coastal village, where we will board our ship. After our mandatory muster drill, we’ll wave Bon Voyage, as the ship sails at 5:00 pm.
Relax on your first morning at sea. Explore the ship, watch a cooking demonstration at America’s Test Kitchen, check out the casino, listen to great music at BB King’s, and dine to your heart’s content! This afternoon we arrive at Hubbard Glacier, the largest tidewater glacier in North America at a whopping 76 miles long and almost 6 miles wide where it meets the ocean. Hubbard can be quite active, so keep on eye on its 400 foot high face for breathtaking calving!
Today is a full day of cruising scenic Glacier Bay National Park. Immense glaciers surround us at every turn. You’ll see alpine glaciers in the mountains and beautiful tidewater glaciers at sea level. Your day culminates 65 miles into the park at Margerie and Grand Pacific glaciers. Watch for whales and other marine life, many types of birds and even wildlife on the shore. Park rangers and naturalists onboard will keep you informed as well.
Skagway was the heart of the Gold Rush and you’ll still find many memories of that pioneering era. Wonder down Broadway and feel the spirit of the Days of ‘98! An optional excursion on the White Pass & Yukon Route Rail will certainly be a highlight. You’re certain to find many things to keep you busy for the day. For even more options, take the Fast Ferry across the Lynn Canal to Haines, Alaska. A real Alaskan “outpost” with a Northern Exposure feel!
Today Fox World takes everyone on a Private Whale Watching Cruise in Auke Bay with Dolpin Jet Boats! It’s a thrilling ride on a 30 to 35-passenger jet boat that will get you up close to humpback and orca whales, sea lions and other marine and bird-life. The afternoon will be free for optional excursions or exploring Alaska’s capital.
The Port of Ketchikan is our stop today. Of the many excursions offered here, float plane trips to Misty Fjord, totem parks, fishing excursions, zip lining, and even snorkeling are quite popular! It’s also a shoppers haven with a myriad of stores just steps from the ship. Stroll over to famous Creek Street to visit lovely boutique shops, watch for salmon, hike the wooded trails or take in a panoramic view from the Cape Fox Lodge.
Your final day on board will be for you! Join us for a Fox World Travel Farewell Cocktail Party this evening.
The ship arrives in Vancouver and disembarks soon after docking this morning. If you have time before your flight or want to stay an extra day or two, Vancouver is a beautiful city to explore. We recommend flights after 11:00 am for Holland America airport transfers.
A 6-Night Alaska Land Package Plus a 7-Night Inside Passage Cruise
- Two nights in Fairbanks
- Discovery Riverboat – Lunch included!
- Historic Gold Dredge #8 – Gold Panning included!
- Two nights in Denali National Park at McKinley Chalets
- Denali National Park Tundra Wilderness Tour (6 to 8 hours, with snack box included)
- Lunch included on McKinley Explorer Rail – Fox Plus!
- One night in Anchorage
- One night in Seward
- Optional Tour: Seavey’s Wilderness Dog Sled Ride & Tour in Seward – Fox Plus!
- Airport / Ship transfers in Fairbanks & Vancouver (some restrictions apply, Seattle transfers available)
7-Night Inside Passage Cruise
- Cruise aboard Holland America’s ms Nieuw Amsterdam
- Southbound from Seward, Alaska to Vancouver, British Columbia
- Ports of Call: Skagway, Juneau & Ketchikan
- Private Whale Watching Excursion in Juneau – Fox Plus!
- Glacier Bay National Park scenic cruising
- Choice of Traditional Dining (Early- 5:15 pm or Main—8:00pm) or Open Dining (5:15 pm to 9:00 pm)
- Choice of Suites with Balcony, Oceanview Window or Interior Cabins
- Onboard activities, entertainment, Greenhouse Spa & Salon, casino, art auctions, internet café, library, boutiques & more! (some fees may apply)
More Fox Plus – Exclusives you won’t find anywhere else!
- Fox World Travel “Alaska” jacket
- Holland America Journey Host throughout the land tour
- Private cocktail party
- Professional Fox World Tour Manager, Colleen Alsberg*
- Additional Fox World Travel special amenities and travel documents
Not Included: Airline flights, travel insurance, optional excursions, medical services, gratuities to airport porters or transfer drivers, gratuities to Holland America land staff or shipboard staff, phone calls, restaurant surcharges (if applicable), baggage fees, other fees charged by the airlines and any items of a personal nature.
*A minimum number of participants is required for the Fox World Travel tour manager(s) to accompany the groups. If the minimum is not met, the tour will still operate with professional guides in the destination.
About Your Host, Colleen Alsberg
Colleen began her career with Fox World Travel in 1995. After escorting her first tour, a motorcoach group to Canada, she fell in love with the job and hasn’t stopped since. In her 20+ years of being a tour manager, her travels have taken her throughout the Americas & Europe. She has met wonderful people and shared a multitude of experiences with them in destinations like Alaska, Hawaii, Italy, Ireland, France, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean & Mexico and so many more!
Her personal travels have extended throughout the world including Australia, New Zealand, Africa, Scandinavia, Russia, South America, the South Pacific and the Middle East. Her travel list is never-ending! She’s been truly blessed and hopes to continue exploring new destinations throughout our amazing world!
Prices Starting at: $3,250.00
per person, based on double occupancy
Optional Transfers with Holland America (Air schedule is required for transfer)
- Arrival Transfer from Fairbanks airport to Westmark Fairbanks is $15 per person.
- Departure Transfer from ship to Vancouver airport is $29 per person. Recommended flight departures after 11:00am
Deposit: $600 per person (Reduced deposit of $300 per person until July 31, 2020)
Final Payment Due: February 26, 2021
Prices do not include air. Taxes are included in the prices in the amount of $305.00 per person for double occupancy, $350.00 per person for single occupancy and $265.00 per person for 3rd/4th passengers. Taxes and Fees are subject to change at any time prior to departure. Fuel surcharges may be added at any time prior to departure.
At this time there are no fuel surcharges. Holland America has the right to add these charges to reservations at any time should the cost of fuel increase even after final payment has been made.
“Have It All” Holland American Promotion
Book by July 31, 2020 to take advantage of these VERY special bonus offers!
- Free drinks offer is based on Signature Beverage Package and has a daily limit of 15 beverages, which includes all beverages priced at US$11.00 or lower. Guests must order beverages one at a time and must be 21 years or older for alcoholic beverages. Sharing is not permitted. Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the package if misused and refuse service for any reason, including service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests. Package excludes purchases made in Signature Shops, Mini Bar and In Room Dining, or beverages on Half Moon Cay.
- Free/Prepaid gratuities (hotel service charges): Holland America Line pre-pays room gratuities on behalf of guests. Gratuities for bar, dining room wine accounts, or spa/salon services are not included.
- Signature Dining Package: Guests receive one complimentary Canaletto dinner and one complimentary Pinnacle Grill dinner per person. Reservations and dining times will be assigned and a confirmation card will be placed in your stateroom upon embarkation day. Offer excludes Specialty Dining Events in the Pinnacle Grill such as Sel De Mer, De Librije, Master Chef’s Table and Sommelier Dinner.
- Reduced Deposit is valid for new bookings only. Bookings made on voyages requiring immediate final payment are not eligible for a reduced deposit.
- Suite offer: Free Wi-Fi / Premium Internet Package is per person for guests 1 and 2 only sharing a Suite, and valued from $139.99 for a 7-day cruise, up to $699.99 for a 81+ day cruise. All internet usage is subject to Holland America Line’s standard policies which may limit browsing of sites due to network security and bandwidth usage; and may not allow for audio/video calling and streaming. Applications that use high bandwidth may be blocked and offerings subject to change. Internet package offer is available until allocation is exhausted and subject to change. Explore4 in combinable with Group Rates, Group Amenities, and OnStage Alaska. Onboard credit and amenities are based on stateroom category booked.
Offers are capacity controlled, and may be modified or withdrawn without prior notice. Other restrictions may apply. Have it All Sale offer ends July 31, 2020. Ships’ Registry: The Netherlands.
- Time of booking to 91 days prior to departure: Fox World Travel Fees Apply
- 90 to 64 days prior to departure: Amount equal to deposit requirement
- 63 to 43 days prior to departure: 50% penalty per person
- 42 to 22 days prior to departure: 75% penalty per person
- 21 or less days prior to departure: No Refunds
In addition to any vendor (airline, hotel, tour operator, or other travel supplier) fees, Fox World Travel charges the following fees for changes or cancellations:
- Between the date of deposit through March 8, 2021: $100.00 per person
- From March 9, 2021 to time of departure: $200.00 per person
(Purchase of travel protection insurance does not negate these fees.)
Additional penalties may apply for air tickets.
RESPONSIBILITY: We and any sponsoring organizations act only as agent for the suppliers of travel services such as airlines, hotels, car rental companies, tour operators, restaurants, sightseeing companies, entertainment providers, and cruise lines (the "Suppliers"). We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of the Suppliers that cause losses or damages arising from physical or emotional injury, property or other economic damage, consequential damages, or monetary losses, or arising from any other causes beyond our control. We reserve the right to make any changes in the itinerary deemed necessary, and also the right to decline or retain any person as a member of the Trip. If you choose to arrange your own transportation for any portion of the Trip, we are not responsible for any arrangements or associated costs should there be a change in date that requires changes or cancellation to transportation arranged by you. We are not responsible should there be any changes with vacation hosts, tour managers, or entertainment. You grant to FWT and its designated agents the right to acquire and use the audio, photographic, video and other portrayals of your image, likeness, and voice in any medium of any nature whatsoever, including the Internet, for the purpose of trade, advertising, sales, publicity or otherwise, without compensation.
We will make reasonable attempts to accommodate the special needs of disabled travelers, but we are not responsible in the event we are unable to do so nor are we responsible for any denial of services by Suppliers. The American with Disabilities Act is only applicable within the United States and facilities for disabled individuals are limited outside its borders. Most transportation services, including a touring motor coach, are not equipped with wheelchair ramps. We regret we cannot provide individual assistance to a vacation participant for walking, dining, getting on and off motor coaches and other vehicles, or other personal needs. A qualified and physically able companion must accompany travelers who need such assistance and must assume full responsibility for their well-being. Motorized scooters are unsuitable for most vacations.
We have no special knowledge regarding the financial condition of the Suppliers, unsafe conditions, health hazards, weather hazards, or climate extremes at locations to which you may travel. For information concerning possible dangers at destinations, we recommend contacting the Travel Warnings Section of the U.S. State Department at (202) 647-5225 or www.travel.state.gov. For medical information, we recommend contacting the Centers for Disease Control at (877) FYI-TRIP or www.cdc.gov/travel. You assume full and complete responsibility for checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, vaccination, or other entry requirements of your destination(s), and all conditions regarding health, safety, security, political stability, and labor or civil unrest at such destination(s). You hereby release us from all claims arising out of any problem covered in this paragraph. You agree that the courts in Winnebago County, Wisconsin will be the exclusive jurisdiction for all claims brought by you or us, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of those courts.
We work vigilantly with the Suppliers to maintain integrity of the price you were originally quoted and placed on deposit. There may be certain circumstances where your vacation may be subject to a price increase prior to full payment due to a supplier or government issued surcharge. Prices will not increase after you make full payment, except for charges resulting from increases in government-imposed taxes or fees, fuel surcharges, exchange fluctuations or any combinations of these. Fox World Travel will make a reasonable attempt to contact you prior to issuing charges.