Join Colleen on her 34th journey to the wilds of the north as she explores her beloved Alaska and the mighty Yukon Territory! Start with fresh air, endless beautiful scenery and the thrill of seeing wildlife in Alaska. Then off to the Yukon. Dawson City is especially her kind of town, with its dirt streets, clapboard sidewalks, crooked buildings, colorful characters and rowdy can-can shows!
Your tour includes a 7-night land tour and a relaxing 4-night cruise onboard Holland America`s ship Koningsdam. There`s no doubt there will be some adventures and tales of your own to tell on this great adventure!
Travel to Anchorage today. Meet your Journey Host and explore Alaska’s largest city. Recommend flights arriving prior to 10:00 pm if possible for Holland America transfers.
Hotel: Hotel Captain Cook
The McKinley Explorer train departs Anchorage around 9:00 am this morning. Relax as we travel through beautiful scenery. Lunch is Included onboard. The train arrives in Denali National Park approximately 4:30 pm. You’ll have time to settle in at the lovely McKinley Chalets. Book an evening excursion or relax in your beautiful surroundings.
Hotel: McKinley Chalets
It’s an early start today on our Tundra Wilderness Tour into Denali National Park. Keep an eye out for the Big-5 wildlife and a glimpse of Mt. Denali. Our naturalist guide will show us the way. Snack Box Included. Tours may start as early as 5:00 am and return in the early afternoon giving you more personal time to relax or join a variety of optional excursions.
Hotel: McKinley Chalets
North to Fairbanks today. Our bus departs Denali around 9:00 am and arrives in Fairbanks in time for lunch on your own downtown Fairbanks. Lots of restaurant suggestions provided. Then we head to Fox, Alaska for a train tour of Gold Dredge #8 & Gold Panning. We’ll arrive at our hotel in the early evening.
Hotel: Westmark Fairbanks
Today we board our own charter jet for a flight to Dawson City (flight time is TBA). Grab a window seat for incredible views on this short 1-hour flight. Tour the town, stop at the Parks Canada Visitor Center for information or head over to Diamond Tooth Gerties Gambling Hall. We’ll provide you with a 2-day pass!
Hotel: Westmark Dawson
Enjoy this unique city on your own today, but don’t miss the included paddleboat ride on the Klondike Spirit (Time TBA). We’ll travel the mighty Yukon River, see where it converges with the Klondike River and learn about the history of Dawson City and the small villages that surround it.
Hotel: Westmark Dawnson
Get ready for a long day, but with lots of neat stops along the way. We depart in the morning (7:00 am-ish). After a quick stop at Moose Creek and a few photo opportunities, we’ll have Lunch included in Minto. The scenery is amazing throughout. We arrive Whitehorse in the evening in time to find a great restaurant for dinner in the capital city.
Hotel: Raven Inn
An early departure from Whitehorse this morning with a break in the cute village of Carcross. Fraser, BC is where we board the White Pass Train to Skagway. Watch for incredible views around every turn! We arrive Skagway around Noon, where we board our beautiful Holland America ship, the Koningsdam. Enjoy lunch onboard and then head back into Skagway to see the sites.
Today is a full day of cruising scenic Glacier Bay National Park. Immense glaciers surround us at every turn. You’ll see alpine glaciers in the mountains and beautiful tidewater glaciers at sea level. Your day culminates 65 miles into the park at Margerie and Grand Pacific glaciers. Keep an eye out for whales and other marine life, many types of birds and even wildlife on the shore. Park rangers and naturalists onboard will keep you informed as well.
The Port of Ketchikan is our stop today. Of the many excursions offered here, float plane trips to Misty Fjord, totem parks, fishing excursions, zip lining, and even snorkeling are quite popular! It’s also a shoppers haven with a myriad of stores just steps from the ship. Stroll over to famous Creek Street to visit lovely boutique shops, watch for salmon, hike the wooded trails or take in a panoramic view from the Cape Fox Lodge.
Your final day on board will be for you! Explore the ship, take in a cooking lecture at America’s Test Kitchen, check out the casino, listen to great music at BB King’s, and dine to your heart’s content!
Our ship arrives this morning in Vancouver and disembarks soon after docking. If you have time before your flight or want to stay an extra day or two, Vancouver is a beautiful city to spend time. We recommend flights after 11:00 am for Holland America airport transfers.
7-Night Alaska & Yukon Land Package Plus a 4-Night Inside Passage Cruise
- One night in Anchorage
- Two nights in Denali National Park
- Tundra Wilderness Tour – 6 to 8 hour Tour of Denali National Park, with snack box included
- Lunch included on McKinley Explorer Rail – Fox Plus!
- One night in Fairbanks
- Historic Gold Dredge #8 – Gold Panning Included!
- Two nights in Dawson City
- Diamond Tooth Gerties Gambling Hall & Can-Can Revue – 2 Day Pass – Fox Plus!
- Klondike Spirit Riverboat Cruise on the Yukon River
- One night in Whitehorse
- White Pass & Yukon Route Rail Journey to Skagway
- Optional Airport/Ship transfers in Anchorage & Vancouver (some restrictions apply, Seattle transfers available)
- Holland America Journey Host throughout the Land Journey
4 Night Inside Passage Cruise
- Cruise aboard Holland America’s Koningsdam
- Southbound from Skagway, Alaska to Vancouver, British Columbia
- Ports of Call: Skagway & Ketchikan
- Glacier Bay National Park scenic cruising
- Choice of Traditional Dining (Early- 5:15 pm or Main—8:00pm) or Open Dining (5:15 pm to 9:00 pm)
- Choice of Suites, Balcony, Oceanview Window or Interior Cabins
- Onboard activities, entertainment, Greenhouse Spa & Salon, casino, art auctions, internet café, library, boutiques & more! (some fees may apply)
More Fox Plus – Exclusives you won’t find anywhere else!
- Fox World Travel “Alaska” jacket
- Private cocktail party
- Professional Fox World Tour Manager*
- Additional Fox World Travel special amenities and travel documents
Not Included: Airline flights, airline imposed baggage fees, travel insurance, HAL land & ship staff gratuities (gratuities on ship automatically added to shipboard account), most meals on land, onboard specialty restaurant fees, optional excursions, bar beverages, medical services, or any items of a personal nature.
*A minimum number of participants is required for the Fox World Travel tour manager(s) to accompany the groups. If the minimum is not met, the tour will still operate with professional guides in the destination.
About Your Host, Colleen Alsberg
Colleen began her career with Fox World Travel in 1995. After escorting her first tour, a motorcoach group to Canada, she fell in love with the job and hasn’t stopped since. In her 20+ years of being a tour manager, her travels have taken her throughout the Americas & Europe. She has met wonderful people and shared a multitude of experiences with them in destinations like Alaska, Hawaii, Italy, Ireland, France, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean & Mexico and so many more!
Her personal travels have extended throughout the world including Australia, New Zealand, Africa, Scandinavia, Russia, South America, the South Pacific and the Middle East. Her travel list is never-ending! She’s been truly blessed and hopes to continue exploring new destinations throughout our amazing world!
Prices Starting at: $3,478.00
per person, based on double occupancy
Optional Transfers with Holland America (Air schedule is required for transfer)
- Arrival Transfer from Anchorage airport to Hotel Captain Cook is $15 per person.
- Departure Transfer from ship to Vancouver airport is $29 per person. Recommended flight departures after 11:00am
Deposit: $600 per person (Reduced deposit of $300 per person until September 30, 2020)
Final Payment Due: April 26, 2021
Prices do not include air. Taxes are included in the prices in the amount of $205.00 per person for double occupancy, $245.00 per person for single occupancy and $170.00 per person for 3rd/4th passengers. Taxes and Fees are subject to change at any time prior to departure. Fuel surcharges may be added at any time prior to departure.
At this time there are no fuel surcharges. Holland America has the right to add these charges to reservations at any time should the cost of fuel increase even after final payment has been made.
“Have It All” Holland American Promotion
Book today to take advantage of these VERY special bonus offers!
- Free drinks offer is based on Signature Beverage Package and has a daily limit of 15 beverages, which includes all beverages priced at US$11.00 or lower. Guests must order beverages one at a time and must be 21 years or older for alcoholic beverages. Sharing is not permitted. Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the package if misused and refuse service for any reason, including service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests. Package excludes purchases made in Signature Shops, Mini Bar and In Room Dining, or beverages on Half Moon Cay.
- Free/Prepaid gratuities (hotel service charges): Holland America Line pre-pays room gratuities on behalf of guests. Gratuities for bar, dining room wine accounts, or spa/salon services are not included.
- Signature Dining Package: Guests receive one complimentary Canaletto dinner and one complimentary Pinnacle Grill dinner per person. Reservations and dining times will be assigned and a confirmation card will be placed in your stateroom upon embarkation day. Offer excludes Specialty Dining Events in the Pinnacle Grill such as Sel De Mer, De Librije, Master Chef’s Table and Sommelier Dinner.
- Reduced Deposit is valid for new bookings only. Bookings made on voyages requiring immediate final payment are not eligible for a reduced deposit.
- Suite offer: Free Wi-Fi / Premium Internet Package is per person for guests 1 and 2 only sharing a Suite, and valued from $139.99 for a 7-day cruise, up to $699.99 for a 81+ day cruise. All internet usage is subject to Holland America Line’s standard policies which may limit browsing of sites due to network security and bandwidth usage; and may not allow for audio/video calling and streaming. Applications that use high bandwidth may be blocked and offerings subject to change. Internet package offer is available until allocation is exhausted and subject to change. Explore4 in combinable with Group Rates, Group Amenities, and OnStage Alaska. Onboard credit and amenities are based on stateroom category booked.
Offers are capacity controlled, and may be modified or withdrawn without prior notice. Other restrictions may apply. Have it All Sale offer ends September 30, 2020. Ships’ Registry: The Netherlands.
“OnStage Alaska” Holland American Promotion
Book today to take advantage of this VERY exclusive limited time offer!
Alaska & Yukon Land & Sea Journeys
- Inside Stateroom: $50 Onboard Spending Money & $100 Denali Dollars & $50 Dawson Dollars
- Ocean-View Stateroom: $50 Onboard Spending Money & $100 Denali Dollars & $50 Dawson Dollars
- Verandah: $75 Onboard Spending Money & $100 Denali Dollars & $50 Dawson Dollars
- Suite: $100 Onboard Spending Money & $100 Denali Dollars & $50 Dawson Dollars
Land & Sea guests who purchase a Denali Suite Upgrade will receive an additional $100 Denali Dollars per suite.
All amounts are per stateroom. All amounts are in USD with the exception of Dawson Dollars which are in CAD.
On Stage Alaska event promotion: OSA Offers are available for 1st and 2nd guests sharing a stateroom, new bookings only. Onboard Spending Money amounts vary by type of cruise or Land+Sea Journey, may be used on a single cruise only, are non-transferable or refundable and not redeemable for cash. Denali/Dawson Dollars amount varies by type of Land+Sea Journey. Denali/Dawson Dollars are non-transferable or refundable and are not redeemable for cash. For full terms and conditions, please contact your Travel Professional. Offers are capacity controlled and may be modified or withdrawn without prior notice. Other restrictions may apply.
OnStage Alaska Promotion ends November 15, 2020. Ships’ Registry: The Netherlands.
- Time of booking to 91 days prior to departure: Fox World Travel Fees Apply
- 90 to 64 days prior to departure: Amount equal to deposit requirement
- 63 to 43 days prior to departure: 50% penalty per person
- 42 to 22 days prior to departure: 75% penalty per person
- 21 or less days prior to departure: No Refunds
In addition to any vendor (airline, hotel, tour operator, or other travel supplier) fees, Fox World Travel charges the following fees for changes or cancellations:
- Between the date of deposit through May 4, 2021: $100.00 per person
- From May 5, 2021 to time of departure: $200.00 per person
(Purchase of travel protection insurance does not negate these fees.)
Additional penalties may apply for air tickets.
RESPONSIBILITY: We and any sponsoring organizations act only as agent for the suppliers of travel services such as airlines, hotels, car rental companies, tour operators, restaurants, sightseeing companies, entertainment providers, and cruise lines (the "Suppliers"). We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of the Suppliers that cause losses or damages arising from physical or emotional injury, property or other economic damage, consequential damages, or monetary losses, or arising from any other causes beyond our control. We reserve the right to make any changes in the itinerary deemed necessary, and also the right to decline or retain any person as a member of the Trip. If you choose to arrange your own transportation for any portion of the Trip, we are not responsible for any arrangements or associated costs should there be a change in date that requires changes or cancellation to transportation arranged by you. We are not responsible should there be any changes with vacation hosts, tour managers, or entertainment. You grant to FWT and its designated agents the right to acquire and use the audio, photographic, video and other portrayals of your image, likeness, and voice in any medium of any nature whatsoever, including the Internet, for the purpose of trade, advertising, sales, publicity or otherwise, without compensation.
We will make reasonable attempts to accommodate the special needs of disabled travelers, but we are not responsible in the event we are unable to do so nor are we responsible for any denial of services by Suppliers. The American with Disabilities Act is only applicable within the United States and facilities for disabled individuals are limited outside its borders. Most transportation services, including a touring motor coach, are not equipped with wheelchair ramps. We regret we cannot provide individual assistance to a vacation participant for walking, dining, getting on and off motor coaches and other vehicles, or other personal needs. A qualified and physically able companion must accompany travelers who need such assistance and must assume full responsibility for their well-being. Motorized scooters are unsuitable for most vacations.
We have no special knowledge regarding the financial condition of the Suppliers, unsafe conditions, health hazards, weather hazards, or climate extremes at locations to which you may travel. For information concerning possible dangers at destinations, we recommend contacting the Travel Warnings Section of the U.S. State Department at (202) 647-5225 or www.travel.state.gov. For medical information, we recommend contacting the Centers for Disease Control at (877) FYI-TRIP or www.cdc.gov/travel. You assume full and complete responsibility for checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, vaccination, or other entry requirements of your destination(s), and all conditions regarding health, safety, security, political stability, and labor or civil unrest at such destination(s). You hereby release us from all claims arising out of any problem covered in this paragraph. You agree that the courts in Winnebago County, Wisconsin will be the exclusive jurisdiction for all claims brought by you or us, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of those courts.
We work vigilantly with the Suppliers to maintain integrity of the price you were originally quoted and placed on deposit. There may be certain circumstances where your vacation may be subject to a price increase prior to full payment due to a supplier or government issued surcharge. Prices will not increase after you make full payment, except for charges resulting from increases in government-imposed taxes or fees, fuel surcharges, exchange fluctuations or any combinations of these. Fox World Travel will make a reasonable attempt to contact you prior to issuing charges.