Join Fox World Travel on a Christmas Markets tour of a lifetime! The lead up to Christmas in traditional German towns and the snow-frosted Alps is straight out of storybooks, full of twinkling markets, Yuletide delights and towering Christmas trees. Enter the realm of gingerbread, Glühwein and carol singers as you wander through cities such as Munich, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Zürich. Experience traditional holiday cheer and immerse yourself in the festive atmosphere on this beautiful adventure. Happy Holidays from Europe!
Your journey begins with an overnight flight from Chicago O’Hare to Munich, Germany.
Welcome to Germany. Upon arrival you will be transferred to your hotel. Meet your Travel Director at 3pm for an orientation of the city that will show you all the city’s major sights, culminating in the Marienplatz, with its soaring Town Hall and Glockenspiel. Here, the Christkindlmarkt will be in full swing, an entrancing festival of light and music. In the evening, join your Travel Director and fellow guests for a Welcome Dinner with wine.
Hotel: Hotel Pullman Munich (or similar)
Meal: Dinner with Wine
South of Munich we'll venture from the magnificence of the Bavarian Alps to the world-renowned passion-play village of Oberammergau. Admire the artistically decorated architecture of local homes, churches and of Ettal Monastery. Then we are on to mad King Ludwig’s baroque fantasy, the rococo splendor of Linderhof Castle. On return to Munich, the rest of the day is free.
Travel alongside the tranquil waters of Lake Chiemsee on your way to Salzburg in Austria, where the spires and domes of the Old Town are often draped in snow come December. A walk with your Local Expert will show you Mozart’s family home and the rosy hues of the 500-year-old Christmas Market in front of the cathedral. Your Travel Director will introduce you to one of the market stallholders for a taste of traditional Bavarian Lebkuchen and a fragrant cup of Glühwein. Head through the mountains to your Innsbruck hotel. This evening, enjoy a traditional meal accompanied by local Tyrolean entertainment.
Hotel: Grauer Baer Hotel Innsbruck (or similar)
Meal: Breakfast, Dinner with Wine
Enjoy a relaxed start and spend the morning at leisure. Immerse yourself in the festive atmosphere of the Old Town and Christmas Markets. See the Golden Roof, graced by beautifully preserved medieval facades. Explore Innsbruck and choose between a horse & carriage ride or visit the magical world of Swarovski Crystal. Tonight, enjoy a lively dinner, featuring dancers in national costume, yodeling and entertainment typical of the life, crafts and traditions of the Tyrolean people.
Meal: Breakfast, Hotel Dinner with Wine
Travel through the Alberg tunnel, Austria’s longest road tunnel, as you return to Germany and pause in the tiny island-town of Lindau. Walk through the maze of ancient streets down to the harbor. Across the lake, often shrouded in mist, look for the rising silhouette of snow-capped peaks. After time to explore, continue along the shores of the Bodensee to your hotel in the Black Forest for three fabulous nights.
Hotel: Maritim Hotel Titisee (or similar)
Meals: Breakfast, Hotel Dinner with Wine
Visit Freiburg, a lively university city with a charming Christmas atmosphere. Walk from the medieval Münster through the heart of the historic old quarter, past colorful stalls offering a range of festive goodies from the Black Forest. Nestled in the heart of the Alsatian vineyards lies the impossibly quaint little town of Colmar. Your Local Expert will help you to discover its half-timbered byways and Venetian style canals. Afterwards there is free time to explore its Christmas markets.
Cross the Rhine to the region of Alsace, wedged between the Black Forest and the Vosges Mountains. This area has changed nationality four times since 1870! Arrive in Strasbourg, the City at the Crossroads, where the Christmas Market is the oldest and one of the largest in France. Spend time in a cozy neighborhood of timbered fairy-tale buildings, with Christmas shops and a gingerbread bakery, warm with fragrant promise. Return to Germany and venture to a local restaurant for a delightful dinner of local specialties and wine.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner with Wine
Cross the Swiss border and head for Zürich where sightseeing includes the imposing Grossmünster, elegant Fraumünster, and winding alleys of the Old Town alongside the River Limmat. A highlight is Europe’s largest
indoor Christmas extravaganza held in the main railway station, with over 160 wooden chalets and a three-story Christmas tree, draped with Swarovski crystals. Toast to the culmination of your Yuletide journey during a festive Celebration Dinner with wine at a local restaurant with its own microbrewery.
Hotel: Kameha Grand Zurich (or similar)
Meal: Breakfast, Dinner with Wine
Your journey comes to an end after breakfast. Your group is transferred to the Zürich airport for your flight home.
- Round-trip air from Chicago O’Hare to Munich, German and return from Zürich, Switzerland including current air taxes and fees
- Round-trip airport/hotel motorcoach transfers including baggage handling for one bag per person when purchasing the air-included package
8 Nights throughout the tour
- Two nights Munich
- Two nights Innsbruck
- Three nights Black Forest
- One night Zürich
Includes hotel service charges, taxes and luggage handling
- Daily breakfast
- Six dinners with wine including a dinner with local, traditional dancing & entertainment and a festive Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant/microbrewery
- Take an excursion to Colmar, a quaint little town in the Alsatian vineyards, where a local guide will show you the half-timbered by-ways and Venetian style canals. Enjoy free time to explore the four Christmas Markets as well.
- Enjoy a lively and traditional Tyrolean evening with dinner and drinks featuring dancers in national costume, yodeling and entertainment typical of the life, crafts and traditions their people.
- Venture to the world-renowned passion-play village of Oberammergau and admire the artistic architecture of local homes, churches and the Ettal Monastery. Go on to see the splendor of Linderhof Castle courtesy of Mad King Ludwig himself.
- Professional tour manager from Fox World Travel
- Premium Fox World Travel Gift given with your travel documents
Premium Tour Experiences
- Travel alongside the tranquil waters of Lake Chiemsee on your way to Salzburg in Austria, where the spires and domes tower. See Mozart’s family home set near the 500-year-old Christmas Market.
- Taste the traditional Bavarian Lebkuchen and a fragrant cup of Glühwein while roaming the markets.
- Take a leisurely horse & carriage ride or visit the magical world of Swarovski Crystal in Innsbruck.
- Travel through the Alberg tunnel, Austria’s longest road tunnel, as you return to Germany and stop in the tiny island-town of Lindau.
- Walk from the medieval Münster through the heart of the historic old quarter, past colorful stalls offering a range of festive goodies from the Black Forest.
- Wander Strasbourg, the City at the Crossroads, where the Christmas Market is the oldest and one of the largest in France. Spend time in a cozy neighborhood of timbered fairy-tale buildings, with Christmas shops and a gingerbread bakery, warm with fragrant promise.
- Cross the Swiss border for Zürich where sightseeing includes the imposing Grossmünster, elegant Fraumünster and winding alleys of the Old Town alongside the River Limmat.
- Traverse Europe’s biggest indoor Christmas extravaganza held in Zürich’s main railway station, with over 160 wooden chalets and a three-story Christmas tree, draped with Swarovski crystals.
- Luxury air-conditioned 40-seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom for transportation and sightseeing
- Headset for guided sightseeing visits and walking tours
- Professional driver and guide for transfers and included excursions
- Customized, informative travel documents containing trip details and helpful packing and planning information
Note: Daily Itinerary is subject to change. Order of sightseeing may change throughout the itinerary.
*A minimum of 20 travelers is required for this tour to operate.
Single occupancies are limited and based upon availability.
All current air taxes and fees of $399.75 per person and are subject to change. Air package pricing is subject to change due to the volatility of airfare costs until air is contracted.
Early Booking Discount: Book and deposit by September 1, 2022 and receive a $200.00 discount per person
Insight Vacations Past Passenger Discount: $100.00 per person*
*Must have traveled with Insight Vacations, Uniworld, Brendan Vacations, Trafalgar or Contiki within the last five years to qualify.
Discounts are subject to change at any time
Roundtrip flights from Chicago O’Hare are currently pending
Flight schedules are subject to change and FWT has no control over flight changes, seat assignments, delays or cancellations. Tickets will be non-refundable once issued. Changes will be subject to a fee plus any fare difference. Additional restrictions may apply. Checked baggage fees may apply.
Pricing and flight options from other cities available upon request.
$50.00 per person, each direction. Group motorcoach transfer to and from Chicago O’Hare from select pick-up points (Air & Tour Packages only unless air schedules fit the group air package).
In these volatile times and for peace of mind, we recommend purchasing travel protection insurance. Your travel advisor can discuss options with you, including medical expense coverage, pre-existing medical condition exclusion waivers, trip cancellation, trip delay, lost, delayed or damaged baggage and more. To cover pre-existing conditions, most policies must be purchased within 14 days of making your initial deposit. Travel protection insurance prices are based on your age and the trip cost.
- From date of deposit to August 23, 2023: Initial deposit of $200.00 per person
- August 24 – September 26, 2023: 50% package price cancellation fee + applicable airline fees
- September 27 – October 26, 2023: 75% package price cancellation fee + applicable airline fees
- October 27, 2023 – day of travel: No refunds
Airline tickets are non-refundable once ticketed.
Note: Daily Itinerary is subject to change. Order of sightseeing may change throughout the itinerary. Substitute visits to other sites may occur during your trip due to water levels or other uncontrollable factors.
PLAN YOUR TRIP WITH A TRAVEL ADVISOR
Do you have COVID-19 or destination related questions?
Start by exploring our "Ready, Set, Travel" Resources
RESPONSIBILITY: We and any sponsoring organizations act only as agent for the suppliers of travel services such as airlines, hotels, car rental companies, tour operators, restaurants, sightseeing companies, entertainment providers, and cruise lines (the "Suppliers"). We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of the Suppliers that cause losses or damages arising from physical or emotional injury, property or other economic damage, consequential damages, or monetary losses, or arising from any other causes beyond our control. We reserve the right to make any changes in the itinerary deemed necessary, and also the right to decline or retain any person as a member of the Trip. If you choose to arrange your own transportation for any portion of the Trip, we are not responsible for any arrangements or associated costs should there be a change in date that requires changes or cancellation to transportation arranged by you. We are not responsible should there be any changes with vacation hosts, tour managers, or entertainment. You grant to FWT and its designated agents the right to acquire and use the audio, photographic, video and other portrayals of your image, likeness, and voice in any medium of any nature whatsoever, including the Internet, for the purpose of trade, advertising, sales, publicity or otherwise, without compensation.
We will make reasonable attempts to accommodate the special needs of disabled travelers, but we are not responsible in the event we are unable to do so nor are we responsible for any denial of services by Suppliers. The American with Disabilities Act is only applicable within the United States and facilities for disabled individuals are limited outside its borders. Most transportation services, including a touring motor coach, are not equipped with wheelchair ramps. We regret we cannot provide individual assistance to a vacation participant for walking, dining, getting on and off motor coaches and other vehicles, or other personal needs. A qualified and physically able companion must accompany travelers who need such assistance and must assume full responsibility for their well-being. Motorized scooters are unsuitable for most vacations.
We have no special knowledge regarding the financial condition of the Suppliers, unsafe conditions, health hazards, weather hazards, or climate extremes at locations to which you may travel. For information concerning possible dangers at destinations, we recommend contacting the Travel Warnings Section of the U.S. State Department at (202) 647-5225 or www.travel.state.gov. For medical information, we recommend contacting the Centers for Disease Control at (877) FYI-TRIP or www.cdc.gov/travel. You assume full and complete responsibility for checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, vaccination, or other entry requirements of your destination(s), and all conditions regarding health, safety, security, political stability, and labor or civil unrest at such destination(s). You hereby release us from all claims arising out of any problem covered in this paragraph. You agree that the courts in Winnebago County, Wisconsin will be the exclusive jurisdiction for all claims brought by you or us, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of those courts.
We work vigilantly with the Suppliers to maintain integrity of the price you were originally quoted and placed on deposit. There may be certain circumstances where your vacation may be subject to a price increase prior to full payment due to a supplier or government issued surcharge. Prices will not increase after you make full payment, except for charges resulting from increases in government-imposed taxes or fees, fuel surcharges, exchange fluctuations or any combinations of these. Fox World Travel will make a reasonable attempt to contact you prior to issuing charges.