Join us on this captivating tour which offers a bewitching journey across Scandinavia’s breath-taking mountains, rivers, cities, and fjords. Enjoy a night at the Aurora Village with glass roof ceilings offering a sweeping view of the nights sky. Hunt for the Northern Lights in Nordcapp as you sip on bubbles with your fellow travelers and delve further into this fascinating part of the world. You’ll find out more about reindeer, from Sámi, the indigenous people of Scandinavia, who have been working with “the true hero of the Arctic” for centuries. From the grand architecture of vibrant Helsinki to meeting adorable four-legged locals in Alta, adventure and intrigue await you on our Northern Lights of Scandinavia trip.
Your journey begins aboard an (optional) motorcoach transfer from select cities to Chicago O’Hare (if applicable), where you will board your overnight flight to Helsinki.
Welcome to Helsinki. With its lush parks and pretty seaside buildings, this beautiful city is set to be your home for the night. Meet your Travel Director at 6:00 pm for drinks at your Welcome Reception. Decorated in a distinctive Art Nouveau style, this charming four-star hotel is the ideal place to sit back and get to know your fellow travelers before your Scandinavian adventure begins.
Hotel: GLO Hotel Art Helsinki (or similar)
Today you'll take a scenic flight to Ivalo. Known as the gateway to Saariselkä, Ivalo is a picturesque village set on the Ivalo River. Situated close to Urho Kekkonen National Park you'll find views of the aurora borealis and the striking mountain Korvatunturi, also known as the home of Santa. Tonight, you’ll enjoy a Welcome Dinner at your boutique hotel, Aurora Village, famed for its cabins with a glass roof, offering sweeping views of the night sky. Look out for the dancing northern lights as you gaze through the glass ceiling from the comfort of your room.
Hotel: Aurora Village, Ivalo (or similar)
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Enjoy a sunrise view of Ivalo as you take in the picturesque scenery of its surrounding areas over your morning coffee and prepare yourself for your scenic day ahead. Today you'll be driven from Ivalo to Honningsvåg, the northernmost city in Norway. Take in the lush drive before exploring the quaint city itself, with its colorful architecture and nautical ambiance, it's the ideal place to stock up on souvenirs to mark your travels. Retire to the traditional Scandic Bryggen Honningsvag, situated on the sea shore.
Hotel: Scandic Bryggen, Honningsvåg (or similar)
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
You simply can't visit Norway without heading to Nordcapp. Dubbed the northern most point in continental Europe, you'll go in search of the iconic Northern Lights as you sip on bubbles and delight in exquisite caviar with your fellow travelers. End your day back at your charming hotel, where you'll rest up ahead of tomorrow's adventures.
Hotel: Scandic Bryggen, Honningsvåg (or similar)
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Enjoy a spectacular drive from North Cape to Alta, taking in the country's magnificent fjords and surroundings along the way. Once you've arrived in this northern coast town you'll be taken aback by its quaint natural beauty. It boasts a UNESCO listed museum and a World Heritage Rock Art Center, which features an open-air rock carving exhibit. Head to an ice bar with your fellow travelers for a chilled beverage as you discuss the day's events. Home for the next couple of nights is Scandic Alta, a traditional, relaxing hotel, situated in the heart of Alta.
Hotel: Scandic Alta (or similar)
A day for dog lovers, today is a true high point of the trip. Visit a working Husky farm to meet Trine Lyrek, a champion dog sledder. Learn about her Alaskan Huskies and the challenges she faces competing in marathon Arctic dog sled races. Perhaps enjoy an optional Husky dog sled ride in the heart of Norway. Indulge on a delectable oven-baked Highlight Dinner of local specialties, including seasonal salmon or reindeer, before heading back for a cozy night at your hotel.
Hotel Scandic Alta (or similar)
Meal: Breakfast, Dinner
Today you'll head to the small but mighty town of Tromsø, located on the island of Tromsøya. Known as Norway's gateway to the Artic, you'll be surrounded by snow-capped mountains and ethereal water views. Once here you'll head to the Radisson Blu Hotel, your home for the night. This traditional venue boasts stunning views of the Artic Cathedral, Tromsø Fjord and mountains.
Hotel: Radisson Blu Hotel, Tromsø (or similar)
Delve into the history of this glorious country with a meeting with the Sami people, the indigenous people of Scandinavia. You'll wrap up in provided extra warm clothing, as you're led around the Sami camp with a knowledgeable, English-speaking Sami guide. You'll feed the reindeer herd before enjoying your Celebration Dinner, a hot traditional Sami meal with hot drinks.
Hotel: : Radisson Blu Hotel, Tromsø (or similar)
Meal: Breakfast, Dinner
On your final day, you'll fly from Tromsø to Oslo, for a merry finale in Norway's capital. This modern city is surrounded by magnificent mountains offering panoramic views of the city beneath. On your orientation, see the medieval Akershus Castle and the Royal Palace. History buffs can delve further into Norway's impressive history at the Viking Ship Museum or for outdoorsy types, take a pretty walk through Frogner Park. Your hotel for the evening is the contemporary Thon Hotel Opera which offers delicious dining options in its modern Scala Restaurant.
Hotel: Thon Hotel Opera, Oslo (or similar)
Alas, you must bid farewell to this beautiful city. After breakfast you’ll transfer from the hotel to the Oslo airport for your flight home. Upon arrival at Chicago O’Hare, your (optional) motorcoach transfer will return you to your original pick-up point (if applicable).
- Round-trip air from Chicago O’Hare to Helsinki, Finland and return from Oslo, Norway including current air taxes and fees (flights are currently TBD)
- Round-trip airport/hotel transfers in Helsinki and Oslo
- Inter Scandinavian flights from Helsinki to Ivalo and Tromsø to Oslo
Hotel accommodations for nine nights in 4-star hotels
- One-night Helsinki at the GLO Hotel Art Helsinki (or similar)
- One-night Ivalo at the Aurora Village, Ivalo (or similar)
- Two nights Honningsvag at the Scandic Bryggen, Honningsvåg (or similar)
- Two nights Alta at the Scandic Alta (or similar)
- Two nights Tromsø at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Tromsø (or similar)
- One-night Oslo at the Thon Hotel Opera, Oslo (or similar)
- Helsinki: Set in a breath-taking location, Glo Art Hotel is situated close to the Sibelius Academy and Sinebrychoff Art Museum. Its Art Nouveau interior only adds to its grand allure, making it an idyllic place to rest up after a long day travelling.
- Aurora Village: Based hundreds of kilometers above the Arctic Circle, this idyllic destination offers contemporary cabins, with each including a mesmerizing glass roof.
- North Cape: Set on Honningsvag’s seashore you’ll wake to glorious views of this pretty village.
- Alta: Situated in central Alta, you’ll be in the perfect location to check out the area’s local highlights, including a UNESCO listed museum and a World Heritage Rock Art Centre.
- Tromsø: Surrounded by impressive mountains and with views of the ethereal Tromsø Bay, this dreamy hotel offers a reinvigorating getaway for those in need of a little relaxation. o Oslo: Centrally located, the Thon Hotel Opera is a contemporary base for keen shoppers and those looking to explore Oslo.
- Daily Buffet Breakfast and five dinners
- Helsinki. Enjoy a welcome drink at your hotel as you get to know your fellow travelers.
- Ivalo: Your delicious Welcome Dinner will be served at the boutique Aurora Village hotel.
- Alta: Head for drinks at a local ice bar, where you`ll get the chance to catch up with your fellow travelers.
- Alta: A true highlight of the trip, you`ll enjoy a Highlight Dinner of seasonal salmon or reindeer, alongside some new four-legged friends.
- Tromsø: Dine on traditional food, served with hot drinks with the fascinating Sami people, as you hear tales of Scandinavia from its indigenous people.
- Tromsø: Delve into the fascinating history of Scandinavia as you meet its indigenous people, the Sami. You’ll be given a tour of their camp and get to feed the reindeer.
- Alta: Meet Trine Lyrek at her working husky farm. Gain an insight to the challenges Trine and her Alaskan Huskies face when competing in marathon Arctic dog sled races
- North Cape: What better way to search for the Northern Lights than by toasting to your adventure with bubbles with your fellow travelers
- Oslo: On your orientation of Oslo city, see the medieval Akershus Castle and the Royal Palace. Escorted by a professional, local Tour Director
- Luxury air-conditioned 40-seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom for transportation and sightseeing
- Professional tour manager from Fox World Travel *
- Customized, informative travel documents containing trip details and helpful packing and planning information
Note: Daily Itinerary is subject to change. Order of sightseeing may change throughout the itinerary.
*A minimum number of passengers are required for the Fox World Travel tour manager to accompany this group. If the minimum is not met, the tour will still include a professional local guide in the destination.
Single Supplement: $520.00
Initial Deposit: $400.00 per person.
Final Payment Due: No later than November 25, 2020
Above pricing is per person based on double occupancy and subject to availability. Pricing includes current air taxes and fees per person which are to be determined when air schedules are releasedand are subject to change. A valid passport is required with a 6 month validity date from date of return.
Not Included: Airline flights on land-only packages, air-imposed baggage fees, gratuities for airport porters, tour guides, motorcoach drivers, meals (other than those included in the package); optional excursions that may be offered, and any items of a personal nature. Travel insurance protection is not included. Ask your travel consultant about our reasonable options.
Colleen’s career with Fox World Travel began in 1995. After escorting her first tour, a motorcoach group to Canada, she fell in love with the job and hasn’t stopped since. In her 20 plus years of being a tour manager, Colleen’s travels have taken her throughout the world. “I’ve met so many wonderful people and shared a multitude of experiences with them,” said Alsberg. You can travel with Colleen on Fox Group Vacations to destinations like Europe, the Mediterranean and Scandinavia, the Caribbean & Mexico, Hawaii, and so many more!
Alaska is where her true expertise lies, and where she says her heart is, having traveled there over 30 times. You can also catch Colleen on the road presenting destination travel shows, educating our clients on the many amazing group tours we offer, along with the occasional on-air radio promotions and webinars.
Her personal travels include visits to Australia, New Zealand, Africa, Russia, South America, the South Pacific, India, Egypt and the Middle East. Alsberg said, “I’ve been truly blessed and hope to continue exploring new destinations!” Outside of work, she can be found volunteering at many of the events at EAA and working with our veterans, always finding her way back to an airplane!
Flight schedule is currently pending.
Flight schedules are subject to change and Fox World Travel has no control over flight changes, seat assignments, delays or cancellations. Airline tickets will be non-refundable once issued. Changes will be subject to a fee plus any fare difference. Additional restrictions may apply. Checked baggage fees may apply.
Pricing and flight options from other cities available upon request.
Early Booking Discount: Deposit by March 5, 2020 and receive a $215.00 per person discount
Past Passenger Discount: $215.00 per person (subject to change at any time)
*Must have traveled with Insight Vacations, Uniworld, Brendan Vacations, Trafalgar or Contiki within the last five years to qualify.
Discounts are subject to change at any time
Optional Motorcoach Transfer:
Group motorcoach transfer to and from Chicago O’Hare from select pick-up points are $45 per person each way ($90 per person roundtrip).
Optional Prepaid Gratuities:
Prepaid Gratuities for the Insight Vacations Tour Manager and Driver are $103.00 per person.
Cancellation and travel protection is strongly recommended. Fox World Travel offers several plans with Travel Guard Insurance. Details and rates can be obtained from your travel consultant.
- From date of deposit to November 25, 2020: Initial deposit of $400.00 per person
- November 26 – December 30, 2020: 50% package price cancellation fee + applicable airline fees
- December 31, 2020 – January 30, 2021: 75% package price cancellation fee + applicable airline fees
- January 31, 2021 to 0 days prior to travel: No refunds
Airline tickets are non-refundable once issued.
A valid passport is required with a validity of at least six months beyond the return date of the trip.
RESPONSIBILITY: We and any sponsoring organizations act only as agent for the suppliers of travel services such as airlines, hotels, car rental companies, tour operators, restaurants, sightseeing companies, entertainment providers, and cruise lines (the "Suppliers"). We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of the Suppliers that cause losses or damages arising from physical or emotional injury, property or other economic damage, consequential damages, or monetary losses, or arising from any other causes beyond our control. We reserve the right to make any changes in the itinerary deemed necessary, and also the right to decline or retain any person as a member of the Trip. If you choose to arrange your own transportation for any portion of the Trip, we are not responsible for any arrangements or associated costs should there be a change in date that requires changes or cancellation to transportation arranged by you. We are not responsible should there be any changes with vacation hosts, tour managers, or entertainment. You grant to FWT and its designated agents the right to acquire and use the audio, photographic, video and other portrayals of your image, likeness, and voice in any medium of any nature whatsoever, including the Internet, for the purpose of trade, advertising, sales, publicity or otherwise, without compensation.
We will make reasonable attempts to accommodate the special needs of disabled travelers, but we are not responsible in the event we are unable to do so nor are we responsible for any denial of services by Suppliers. The American with Disabilities Act is only applicable within the United States and facilities for disabled individuals are limited outside its borders. Most transportation services, including a touring motor coach, are not equipped with wheelchair ramps. We regret we cannot provide individual assistance to a vacation participant for walking, dining, getting on and off motor coaches and other vehicles, or other personal needs. A qualified and physically able companion must accompany travelers who need such assistance and must assume full responsibility for their well-being. Motorized scooters are unsuitable for most vacations.
We have no special knowledge regarding the financial condition of the Suppliers, unsafe conditions, health hazards, weather hazards, or climate extremes at locations to which you may travel. For information concerning possible dangers at destinations, we recommend contacting the Travel Warnings Section of the U.S. State Department at (202) 647-5225 or www.travel.state.gov. For medical information, we recommend contacting the Centers for Disease Control at (877) FYI-TRIP or www.cdc.gov/travel. You assume full and complete responsibility for checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, vaccination, or other entry requirements of your destination(s), and all conditions regarding health, safety, security, political stability, and labor or civil unrest at such destination(s). You hereby release us from all claims arising out of any problem covered in this paragraph. You agree that the courts in Winnebago County, Wisconsin will be the exclusive jurisdiction for all claims brought by you or us, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of those courts.
We work vigilantly with the Suppliers to maintain integrity of the price you were originally quoted and placed on deposit. There may be certain circumstances where your vacation may be subject to a price increase prior to full payment due to a supplier or government issued surcharge. Prices will not increase after you make full payment, except for charges resulting from increases in government-imposed taxes or fees, fuel surcharges, exchange fluctuations or any combinations of these. Fox World Travel will make a reasonable attempt to contact you prior to issuing charges.