THE FIRST. It’s always a thrill to anticipate a new ship joining Holland America Line’s magnificent fleet. The 2,650-guest ship set sail this past April and she will not only be the first to bear that name, she will usher in a new era of Pinnacle-class cruising.
The ms Koningsdam’s design includes light-filled spaces, fluid curves and a sophisticated interplay of high technology and elegance with beautiful architecture elements inspired by music.
With all of the activities available on board, you are sure to find something to do. Some on board activities include:
- Blend – In collaboration with Chateau Ste. Michelle, Washington State’s oldest and most acclaimed winery, the intimate venue will enable guests to blend their own wine and enjoy it at dinner or in the privacy of their stateroom.
- Culinary Arts Center – The Culinary Arts Center presented by Food & Wine® magazine becomes a dedicated shipboard setting with a dramatic show kitchen and individual cooking stations that will be used exclusively for activities such as cooking demonstrations and hands-on classes by visiting celebrity chef’s and the ship’s own experts.
- Greenhouse Spa & Salon – A tranquil and contemporary spa is a haven of luxurious beauty salon and spa treatments.
- Explorations Cafe – Relax in the comfortable coffeehouse atmosphere of this cafe powered by The New York Times, featuring the daily crossword puzzle, custom espresso drinks and pastries and a comprehensive selection of books and travel guides.
Entertainment on board includes:
- Queen’s Lounge – By day, the beautiful room hosts presentations, speakers, and other special events. At night, Queen’s Lounge will host the popular B.B. King’s Blues Club, showcasing the sounds of Memphis performed by an amazing eight-piece band. Following the evening’s entertainment, the room transforms yet again into a late-night dance club.
- Lincoln Center Stage – In an exclusive partnership with the world’s leading center for the performing arts, Lincoln Center Stage showcases outstanding musicians performing multiple programs of chamber music each evening, as well as afternoon recitals during leisurely days at sea.
- Billboard Onboard – Showcases the talent of live musicians – including two pianists, a guitarist and a DJ – who will take turns performing dynamic shows centered around the interesting facts and figures of the music industry as chronicled by Billboard.
- Casino – From popular slot machines and blackjack tables to the latest in sophisticated gaming, the casino is well-equipped and staffed with professionals eager to help guests learn new skills.
Some Pinnacle Suite Amenities include:
- Luxurious bathrobes for use during your voyage
- 100% Egyptian cotton towels
- Room safe
- Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure
- Flat-panel TV and DVD player
- Mini fridge
- Bedside USB post
This new ship has some wonderful things to offer! If you are interested in more details or would like to inquire about a sailing on ms Koningsdam, contact a Travel Consultant by calling 888-369-8785 or inquire online.
Related PostsView More
What’s the Plan?
When things go wrong – “What’s the Plan?” Have you asked yourself “What the Plan?” You’ve taken the time to plan and book your trip, but did you plan for everything? An... Read More
Hottest Time to Visit Europe
Truth be told, there’s no bad time to visit Europe. It’s always one of the hottest destinations around the world for its culture as well as ease of travel from country to country.... Read More
Supplier Highlights: Welcome to Summer
The summer travel season is upon us. And don’t expect this summer to be like previous ones. Europe is opening, domestic route networks will look a bit different and airlines and bring the... Read More