After over a year of wearing masks, keeping our distance, and basically putting our lives on hold, all of us are ready to get back to enjoying some fun in the sun! And if you’re like millions, you have received your vaccination and are ready to plan that long-awaited trip. It’s not just about the destination – a lot of what determines where you go, depends on how you are most comfortable traveling. Now we’re not talking temperature in our list of HOTTEST ways to travel, but we have assembled our favorite benefits to consider when you choose how you get to your next destination!
What is it? Air travel that operates consistent, prescheduled routes across the U.S. and the globe. Popular examples of service may include Delta, United Airlines or American Airlines, just to name a few.
The most popular and quickest way to get to any destination has historically been by airplane. The quickest way remains true, but air travel took a hit in popularity this past year. On the positive side though, travelers have benefitted from some of the lowest airfares the industry has seen since 1995.
The benefit? Outside of speed and affordability, there are several other benefits to consider if selecting scheduled air
- Options: Whether simply finding the best flight time or even the best airport, you have nearly limitless options on where and how to fly.
- Back Up Plans: If your flight has a delay for any reason and you need to be somewhere fast, you have options, because to the aforementioned point, there is likely another flight with the same carrier going out again in a few hours. If that doesn’t work, other carriers are also at your fingertips
What is it? Specially negotiated flights that traditionally operate non-stop to key vacation destinations, otherwise known as Exclusive Nonstop Vacation Flights. Examples of known charters may include SwiftAir as scheduled through Apple Leisure Group.
Another option for flying is a charter flight. Now while we don’t actually mean chartering your own plane (certainly an option for some!), this method of travel is often part of a vacation package you may purchase to an all-inclusive resort or as part of a tour.
- Package Deal: Often, charter flights are a great element of a total package, meaning not only are you getting a great price, but it’s less complicated than booking all of your elements separately.
- Convenience: One of the key benefits to charter flights are their direct access to key destinations. That means while there’s not traditionally scheduled air direct from say, Milwaukee to Cancun, charter flights become seasonably available for vacation goers.
Each year, millions of Americans hit the road to take in the amazing scenery and historic sites of the United States. If you prefer staying on the ground, renting a vehicle can be a great alternative to causing wear and tear on your personal vehicle.
- Cost Effective: Every additional traveler means the cheaper the price per person; each seat and piece of luggage creates a cost savings over electing to fly.
- Flexibility and spontaneity: Not only do you have the flexibility to rent that red Mustang convertible for the drive to the beach or the extended SUV with traction control for skis and luggage on your trip to the mountains, but you can also choose when to leave, when to take a break and how long to take a break. You are the pilot of this trip!
When choosing where you want to go for your next vacation, your mode of transportation will be a large part of your trip. Let Fox’s team of expert travel advisors help you decide which works best for you based on your schedule, budget and vacation goals.
Related PostsView More
Transform Data Management
Do you remember card catalogs at the library and looking through little drawers for hours to find all the books you needed to complete one assignment? That is what business data can look like:... Read More
5 of the Hottest Cities to Visit Around the World
Spring temps and sunshine have got us feeling hot, hot, HOT for summertime! Whether you have your sights set on a wild camping trip or a relaxing escape to the beach this summer break, travel,... Read More
4 Reasons to Use a Travel Advisor
I don’t need a travel advisor, do I? (In case you’re wondering, the answer is yes) Planning a trip can be confusing and time-consuming but is especially challenging in today’s post-pandemic... Read More