With a final deadline of March 29, 2019 quickly approaching and uncertainty still looming over the status of Brexit and the Irish border, travelers may be curious about the effect this has on them. Here is a guide for understanding the impact of Brexit on you and your travels.
- As of now, citizens can travel freely between Schengen area countries with a valid passport.
- After the March deadline, travelers will need to follow new passport rules.
- Passport must be issued within the last 10 years.
- Passport must be valid for 3 months upon arrival.
- U.K. nationals will need to follow the following passport rules.
- Passport must be valid for 6 months upon arrival.
- Travel to Ireland will still fall under the Common Travel Area arrangements.
- U.K. will not need a passport to visit Ireland.
- Citizens of the U.K. may be required to hold an International Driving Permit.
- This allows citizens of the U.K. to freely drive around the European Union (EU).
- EU must decide whether U.K. citizens need a visa to enter the union.
- If required to have a visa, U.K. immigrants will be required to purchase a £52, 90-day Schengen visa.
- If not required, there is a good chance there no visa will be required for EU citizens when traveling to enter the U.K.
- Delays are expected as building a new immigration plan and infrastructure will take years of negotiations.
For more information on travel to the U.K. and beyond, please contact Fox World Travel at online or at 888.369.8785.
Related PostsView More
Using Traveler Sentiment Insights to Build Your COVID-Era Travel Program
The last year has made the term “travel management” a bit of an oxymoron. Travel managers likely feel as if travel—or the virus—is managing them rather than the other way around. One way to... Read More
Fox World Travel’s Beth Marino Recognized by WINIT by GBTA for Top 50 Women in Travel
Fox World Travel is thrilled to celebrate our Chief Experience Officer Beth Marino as the recipient of the Top 50 Women in Travel award at the annual WINiT Gala. WINiT By GBTA is a global... Read More
Fox World Travel Joins Fight Against Human Trafficking for ECPAT END IT Day
On Thursday, February 25, Fox World Travel participated in the END IT Movement, sponsored by ECPAT, a global organization committed to advocacy and action to end the commercial sexual... Read More