With a final deadline of March 29, 2019 quickly approaching and uncertainty still looming over the status of Brexit and the Irish border, travelers may be curious about the effect this has on them. Here is a guide for understanding the impact of Brexit on you and your travels.
- As of now, citizens can travel freely between Schengen area countries with a valid passport.
- After the March deadline, travelers will need to follow new passport rules.
- Passport must be issued within the last 10 years.
- Passport must be valid for 3 months upon arrival.
- U.K. nationals will need to follow the following passport rules.
- Passport must be valid for 6 months upon arrival.
- Travel to Ireland will still fall under the Common Travel Area arrangements.
- U.K. will not need a passport to visit Ireland.
- Citizens of the U.K. may be required to hold an International Driving Permit.
- This allows citizens of the U.K. to freely drive around the European Union (EU).
- EU must decide whether U.K. citizens need a visa to enter the union.
- If required to have a visa, U.K. immigrants will be required to purchase a £52, 90-day Schengen visa.
- If not required, there is a good chance there no visa will be required for EU citizens when traveling to enter the U.K.
- Delays are expected as building a new immigration plan and infrastructure will take years of negotiations.
For more information on travel to the U.K. and beyond, please contact Fox World Travel at online or at 888.369.8785.
Related PostsView More
People First: Fox Transitions to Work-At-Home Setup
The recent coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has impacted many organizations across the world. As we all try to adjust to the developing situation, it has been of the upmost importance for Fox... Read More
Suspended Travel vs Restricted Travel: What the 2020 Government Travel Update Really Means
On March 11, 2020, United States President Donald Trump announced new travel restrictions in order to help fight the spread of the coronavirus. As news surrounding the coronavirus is ever... Read More
How are Airlines Handling the Coronavirus and Keeping People Healthy?
Since the introduction of the coronavirus, the travel industry has been one of the most impacted in the world. In order for people to get where they need to be and remain healthy throughout their... Read More