With a final deadline of March 29, 2019 quickly approaching and uncertainty still looming over the status of Brexit and the Irish border, travelers may be curious about the effect this has on them. Here is a guide for understanding the impact of Brexit on you and your travels.
- As of now, citizens can travel freely between Schengen area countries with a valid passport.
- After the March deadline, travelers will need to follow new passport rules.
- Passport must be issued within the last 10 years.
- Passport must be valid for 3 months upon arrival.
- U.K. nationals will need to follow the following passport rules.
- Passport must be valid for 6 months upon arrival.
- Travel to Ireland will still fall under the Common Travel Area arrangements.
- U.K. will not need a passport to visit Ireland.
- Citizens of the U.K. may be required to hold an International Driving Permit.
- This allows citizens of the U.K. to freely drive around the European Union (EU).
- EU must decide whether U.K. citizens need a visa to enter the union.
- If required to have a visa, U.K. immigrants will be required to purchase a £52, 90-day Schengen visa.
- If not required, there is a good chance there no visa will be required for EU citizens when traveling to enter the U.K.
- Delays are expected as building a new immigration plan and infrastructure will take years of negotiations.
For more information on travel to the U.K. and beyond, please contact Fox World Travel at online or at 888.369.8785.
Related PostsView More
Reactive, Proactive or Adaptive: Transforming Duty of Care
Duty Of Care: An organization’s legal obligation to do everything reasonably practical to protect the health and safety of employees. Duty of Care has always been top of mind for Fox and... Read More
Partnering with Deem to Bring Innovative Travel Management Solutions to Customers
Getting back to travel looks different for every organization and priorities have likely shifted. At Fox, we pivot based on our customer’s unique needs, most often leaning on technology and... Read More
Supplier Highlights: Welcome to Summer
The summer travel season is upon us. And don’t expect this summer to be like previous ones. Europe is opening, domestic route networks will look a bit different and airlines and bring the... Read More