With a final deadline of March 29, 2019 quickly approaching and uncertainty still looming over the status of Brexit and the Irish border, travelers may be curious about the effect this has on them. Here is a guide for understanding the impact of Brexit on you and your travels.
- As of now, citizens can travel freely between Schengen area countries with a valid passport.
- After the March deadline, travelers will need to follow new passport rules.
- Passport must be issued within the last 10 years.
- Passport must be valid for 3 months upon arrival.
- U.K. nationals will need to follow the following passport rules.
- Passport must be valid for 6 months upon arrival.
- Travel to Ireland will still fall under the Common Travel Area arrangements.
- U.K. will not need a passport to visit Ireland.
- Citizens of the U.K. may be required to hold an International Driving Permit.
- This allows citizens of the U.K. to freely drive around the European Union (EU).
- EU must decide whether U.K. citizens need a visa to enter the union.
- If required to have a visa, U.K. immigrants will be required to purchase a £52, 90-day Schengen visa.
- If not required, there is a good chance there no visa will be required for EU citizens when traveling to enter the U.K.
- Delays are expected as building a new immigration plan and infrastructure will take years of negotiations.
For more information on travel to the U.K. and beyond, please contact Fox World Travel at online or at 888.369.8785.
Related PostsView More
Transform Your Experience
You Matter, So Tell Us How We Can Help. The role of a travel manager is one of the most diverse. With a passion for doing right by the company and running an efficient program, travel managers... Read More
Supplier Highlight: The Transition to The Fall Travel Season Will Be Anything but Normal
In previous years, as summer begins to fade and the calendar turns to September, we would expect rather predictable travel behavior. Vacation travel drops significantly, as an uptick in business... Read More
Tips and Tricks: Implementing a Sustainable Travel Program
Sustainable travel has become a hot topic over the last few years. As the health of the planet has become a global concern, sustainable travel is a goal and responsibility for all of us, from... Read More