River cruises are rising in popularity, and it’s no wonder why. Less passengers, more inclusions, and unpacking once are just a few reasons why people are realizing that river cruising is the best way to explore Europe.
Here’s a list of tips and tricks from Avalon to help you once you get on board your next river cruise ship.
- Get extra closet space by storing your empty luggage under your bed.
- Include binoculars in your luggage. There is so much to see along the shores and it’s fun to be able to look at small castle and vineyard details from your stateroom.
- Never worry about not having a bottle of water handy – every time you leave the leave for the included sightseeing the crew has bottles of water to take and there will always be two bottles of water in the stateroom.
- If you’re looking for a snack, you can find fresh fruit in the Panorama Lounge all day, as well as sweets (cookies, donuts, etc.) in the Club Lounge.
- Ask the Cruise Director or the Captain on times of when you’ll be cruising by scenic landscapes or must-see sights so that you can hang out on the deck or be sure to watch from your stateroom.
- It’s fun to experience the different dining options – the Sky Deck Bistro, the Panorama Bistro, as well the eating in the dining room – different setting, different menu and overall different experience.
- Port talks and the entertainment are very popular – if you want a front-row seat, it is recommended getting to the Panorama Lounge early.
- Don’t forget your included headset for shore excursions – the Local Guides bring the destinations to life with their rich and historical commentary.
- Is there a particular dish that everyone loved? Ask your server at dinner and your chef will provide your travel group with the recipe.
Travel with us on a Select Vacations Avalon river cruise!
Jun 17th - Jun 27th, 2023
Oct 8th - Oct 17th, 2023
Aug 26th - Sep 5th, 2023
Related PostsView More
Sweepstakes: California Vacation Giveaway!
Win a 3-night stay for two at Terranea Resort in Palos Verdes, California! The ultimate luxurious oceanfront getaway, Terranea is a world unto itself where you can explore and discover 102... Read More
Ireland Bucket-List Travel Experiences
Hi Fox Friends. My name is Sonjia Wenger, Vacation Travel Advisor out of the Appleton office. My passion for travel has taken me all over the world, and I feel so lucky to be able to share my... Read More
The Importance of Supplier Relationships for Travel Programs
The travel industry has transformed tremendously in the last two years. Airlines in particular have experienced an evolution of challenges and obstacles to overcome. The scope and size of the big... Read More