River cruises are rising in popularity, and it’s no wonder why. Less passengers, more inclusions, and unpacking once are just a few reasons why people are realizing that river cruising is the best way to explore Europe.
Here’s a list of tips and tricks from Avalon to help you once you get on board your next river cruise ship.
- Get extra closet space by storing your empty luggage under your bed.
- Include binoculars in your luggage. There is so much to see along the shores and it’s fun to be able to look at small castle and vineyard details from your stateroom.
- Never worry about not having a bottle of water handy – every time you leave the leave for the included sightseeing the crew has bottles of water to take and there will always be two bottles of water in the stateroom.
- If you’re looking for a snack, you can find fresh fruit in the Panorama Lounge all day, as well as sweets (cookies, donuts, etc.) in the Club Lounge.
- Ask the Cruise Director or the Captain on times of when you’ll be cruising by scenic landscapes or must-see sights so that you can hang out on the deck or be sure to watch from your stateroom.
- It’s fun to experience the different dining options – the Sky Deck Bistro, the Panorama Bistro, as well the eating in the dining room – different setting, different menu and overall different experience.
- Port talks and the entertainment are very popular – if you want a front-row seat, it is recommended getting to the Panorama Lounge early.
- Don’t forget your included headset for shore excursions – the Local Guides bring the destinations to life with their rich and historical commentary.
- Is there a particular dish that everyone loved? Ask your server at dinner and your chef will provide your travel group with the recipe.
Travel with us on a Select Vacations Avalon river cruise!
Oct 7th - Oct 15th, 2022
Aug 13th - Aug 24th, 2022
Oct 1st - Oct 9th, 2021
Aug 31st - Sep 10th, 2022
Nov 27th - Dec 6th, 2022
Jun 27th - Jul 7th, 2022
Related PostsView More
The Spirit and Soul of Spain
Set your sights on Spain — from seaside enclaves to lush inland villages and seductive cities — and you’ll be caught up in a whirlwind of nature, culture and culinary discoveries. The... Read More
Sailing through Alaska with Holland America Line
When you visit Alaska, you’re stepping into a world where towering mountains and glaciers are a part of every landscape, a world where history breathes life into the present day, and a world... Read More
Creating the Perfect Italian Itinerary
Imagine Florence of the Medici or walking in the footsteps of history in Sicily. What is your perfect Italian journey? Perhaps you prefer the serene vistas and cuisine of Lake Como? Craft a trip... Read More