River cruises are rising in popularity, and it’s no wonder why. Less passengers, more inclusions, and unpacking once are just a few reasons why people are realizing that river cruising is the best way to explore Europe.
Here’s a list of tips and tricks from Avalon to help you once you get on board your next river cruise ship.
- Get extra closet space by storing your empty luggage under your bed.
- Include binoculars in your luggage. There is so much to see along the shores and it’s fun to be able to look at small castle and vineyard details from your stateroom.
- Never worry about not having a bottle of water handy – every time you leave the leave for the included sightseeing the crew has bottles of water to take and there will always be two bottles of water in the stateroom.
- If you’re looking for a snack, you can find fresh fruit in the Panorama Lounge all day, as well as sweets (cookies, donuts, etc.) in the Club Lounge.
- Ask the Cruise Director or the Captain on times of when you’ll be cruising by scenic landscapes or must-see sights so that you can hang out on the deck or be sure to watch from your stateroom.
- It’s fun to experience the different dining options – the Sky Deck Bistro, the Panorama Bistro, as well the eating in the dining room – different setting, different menu and overall different experience.
- Port talks and the entertainment are very popular – if you want a front-row seat, it is recommended getting to the Panorama Lounge early.
- Don’t forget your included headset for shore excursions – the Local Guides bring the destinations to life with their rich and historical commentary.
- Is there a particular dish that everyone loved? Ask your server at dinner and your chef will provide your travel group with the recipe.
Travel with us on a Select Vacations Avalon river cruise!
Oct 1st - Oct 9th, 2021
Sep 12th - Sep 22nd, 2021
Jun 14th - Jun 24th, 2021
Sep 6th - Sep 17th, 2021
Related PostsView More
So Your Wedding Has Been Postponed – Now What?
After hours of planning with your future in-laws and stressing over centerpieces… your wedding has been canceled. Thanks a lot 2020. Many couples are left having to restart their wedding... Read More
Health Passports. Robots That Clean Airports. Masks Worn…Everywhere. The Future is Now.
COVID-19 hit at a time when the travel industry was already experiencing growing pains—just look to Venice’s overtourism problem and the #flightshame movement. Then coronavirus threw the world a... Read More
US Travel Facts 2.0 to Know Before You Go Discover
Did you know that there is a bridge in Washington to help squirrels cross the street? Or how many animals are at the world’s largest zoo? Check out these fun travel facts, create... Read More