River cruises are rising in popularity, and it’s no wonder why. Less passengers, more inclusions, and unpacking once are just a few reasons why people are realizing that river cruising is the best way to explore Europe.
Here’s a list of tips and tricks from Avalon to help you once you get on board your next river cruise ship.
- Get extra closet space by storing your empty luggage under your bed.
- Include binoculars in your luggage. There is so much to see along the shores and it’s fun to be able to look at small castle and vineyard details from your stateroom.
- Never worry about not having a bottle of water handy – every time you leave the leave for the included sightseeing the crew has bottles of water to take and there will always be two bottles of water in the stateroom.
- If you’re looking for a snack, you can find fresh fruit in the Panorama Lounge all day, as well as sweets (cookies, donuts, etc.) in the Club Lounge.
- Ask the Cruise Director or the Captain on times of when you’ll be cruising by scenic landscapes or must-see sights so that you can hang out on the deck or be sure to watch from your stateroom.
- It’s fun to experience the different dining options – the Sky Deck Bistro, the Panorama Bistro, as well the eating in the dining room – different setting, different menu and overall different experience.
- Port talks and the entertainment are very popular – if you want a front-row seat, it is recommended getting to the Panorama Lounge early.
- Don’t forget your included headset for shore excursions – the Local Guides bring the destinations to life with their rich and historical commentary.
- Is there a particular dish that everyone loved? Ask your server at dinner and your chef will provide your travel group with the recipe.
Travel with us on a Select Vacations Avalon river cruise!
Sep 14th - Sep 26th, 2020
Oct 9th - Oct 17th, 2020
Jun 14th - Jun 24th, 2021
Sep 18th - Sep 29th, 2020
Related PostsView More
Unused Tickets: What You Need to Know and What You Can Do
The more you travel, the more disruptions are inevitable, whether a flight is cancelled due to weather or a big meeting is rescheduled and your travelers no longer need to fly. Not every trip can... Read More
Happy National Scavenger Hunt Day
Did you know that scavenger hunts evolved from ancient folk games, and became a popular form of entertainment in the United States in 1930? Fox World Travel is celebrating today with a series of... Read More
Google Earth Scavenger Hunt – Scotland
Welcome to our Google Earth Scavenger Hunt! To start your virtual adventure, click the link below and use the search bar to find the famous Scotland city or landmark. Provide the latitude and... Read More