River cruises are rising in popularity, and it’s no wonder why. Less passengers, more inclusions, and unpacking once are just a few reasons why people are realizing that river cruising is the best way to explore Europe.
Here’s a list of tips and tricks from Avalon to help you once you get on board your next river cruise ship.
- Get extra closet space by storing your empty luggage under your bed.
- Include binoculars in your luggage. There is so much to see along the shores and it’s fun to be able to look at small castle and vineyard details from your stateroom.
- Never worry about not having a bottle of water handy – every time you leave the leave for the included sightseeing the crew has bottles of water to take and there will always be two bottles of water in the stateroom.
- If you’re looking for a snack, you can find fresh fruit in the Panorama Lounge all day, as well as sweets (cookies, donuts, etc.) in the Club Lounge.
- Ask the Cruise Director or the Captain on times of when you’ll be cruising by scenic landscapes or must-see sights so that you can hang out on the deck or be sure to watch from your stateroom.
- It’s fun to experience the different dining options – the Sky Deck Bistro, the Panorama Bistro, as well the eating in the dining room – different setting, different menu and overall different experience.
- Port talks and the entertainment are very popular – if you want a front-row seat, it is recommended getting to the Panorama Lounge early.
- Don’t forget your included headset for shore excursions – the Local Guides bring the destinations to life with their rich and historical commentary.
- Is there a particular dish that everyone loved? Ask your server at dinner and your chef will provide your travel group with the recipe.
Travel with us on a Select Vacations Avalon river cruise!
Oct 7th - Oct 15th, 2022
Aug 13th - Aug 24th, 2022
Oct 1st - Oct 9th, 2021
Aug 31st - Sep 10th, 2022
Nov 27th - Dec 6th, 2022
Jun 27th - Jul 7th, 2022
Related PostsView More
Top 5 Hottest Cocktail Recipes From Around the World
Taste your way around the world one sip at a time with these hot hot hot cocktail recipes! Whether that means mixing these cocktails in the comfort of your own home with the streets of Havana,... Read More
The Hottest Fall Travel Trends
As we sail into summer, it is never too early to start thinking about a fall vacation. Before we know it, kids will be heading back to school, leaves will begin to change color and we may just... Read More
What’s the Plan?
When things go wrong – “What’s the Plan?” Have you asked yourself “What the Plan?” You’ve taken the time to plan and book your trip, but did you plan for everything? An... Read More