Tour OverviewHawaiian Explorer Moderate Summer 2020 The highlights of Hawaii-trendy Waikiki, Pearl Harbor and volcanic energy at the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park-are yours to discover on this island hop in Pacific paradise. Sightseeing Highlights ORIENTATION of Honolulu, Kailua-Kona VISIT Pearl Harbor, USS Arizona Memorial, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Kilauea Volcano, Maui Ocean Center, a local farm on Maui SEE magnificent Manta Rays in Keauhou Bay while you dine oceanside. Dining Highlights 7 breakfasts 2 lunches (including Be My Guest) 3 dinners First class travel Highlights Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys) Aloha Welcome with a flower lei on arrival at Honolulu International Airport on Day 1 A Trafalgar Bonus - All inter-island flights: Honolulu-Hilo and Hilo-Kahului including all airport transfers Your choice of three hotel categories: Moderate, First Class and Premier accommodation including two-bedded rooms with private facilities, all hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted Handcrafted Highlights Optional Experiences and free time All porterage and local charges included Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras An expert Travel Director and separate Driver All hotel tips, charges and local taxes Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday VIP entry to many sights
View More Information on Tour Destinations
Itinerary OverviewTrafalgar Tours: Hawaiian Explorer Moderate Summer 2020
View Itinerary File
Day 1 - Arrive Honolulu, Oahu – Waikiki (2 Nights)
Ease into the warm embrace of Hawaii's Aloha spirit, donning a flower lei on arrival to kick-start your love affair with the Pacific islands. Explore the golden beaches of Waikiki before gathering for a Hawaiian-style Welcome Reception and your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening.
Accommodations: Outrigger Waikiki Beach – Moderate (City View), First Class (Partial Ocean View), Premier (Ocean View)
Meals: Welcome Reception
Day 2 - Pearl Harbor and Honolulu Sightseeing
Today we visit the USS Arizona Memorial as well as the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific. Also today in downtown Honolulu, see the Iolani Palace, King Kamehameha I Statue and State Capitol Building before spending the rest of the afternoon at leisure.
Day 3 - Oahu – Kona – Keauhou Bay, Hawaii (2 Nights)
We fly to the Big Island of Hawaii, embarking on an orientation tour of the lively seaside village of Kailua-Kona, once the tropical playground of Hawaiian royalty. Join a Local Specialist at a coffee plantation for an insider perspective into Kona's coffee culture. Return to the coast, checking in to your ocean-side resort where you'll meet another Local Specialist who will accompany us to the Manta Ray Learning Center. Gain insights into these graceful marine creatures before enjoying rich island flavours at the hotel's Rays on the Bay.
Accommodations: Sheraton Kona Resort and Spa – Moderate (Mountain View), First Class (Partial Ocean View), Premier (Ocean View)
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 4 - Kona Free Time
Wake to the sound of the sea and embrace your outdoor adventurer for an invigorating day at leisure to explore the natural wonderland of The Big Island on your own.
Day 5 - Keauhou Bay – Hawaii Volcanoes National Park – Hilo – Kaanapali Beach, Maui (3 Nights)
The fiery, fierce crust of Hawaii's volcanic landscape beckons this morning, but not before a brief stop at the southernmost bakery in the United States for a malasada or two perhaps. Visit the UNESCO-listed Hawaii Volcanoes National Park to learn about the geology of the islands. Indulge in local Pacific flavours during lunch at The Rim restaurant against the backdrop of the Halema'uma'u Crater. We board our flight to Maui this afternoon and check in to our beachfront resort at Kaanapali Beach.
Accommodations: Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa – Moderate (Resort View), First Class (Partial Ocean View), Premier (Ocean View)
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 6 - Maui Sightseeing
Our first full day in the Valley Isle sees us meet the conservation naturalists of the Maui Ocean Center, home to the world's largest collection of live Pacific corals, Hawaiian green sea turtles, sharks and thousands of vibrant tropical fish. Delve into the island's sustainable agricultural practices and 'Make a Difference' next. Visit a local farm and 'Connect with Locals' enjoying a 'Be My Guest' lunch with wine, including Hawaiian specialities made with the freshest local ingredients. As the sun sets over the Pacific, take a gentle stroll to nearby Whalers Village or venture into old town Lahaina to dine at one of the many restaurants.
Meals: Breakfast, Be My Guest
Day 7 - Maui Free Time
Indulge in a full day on your terms to do as little or as much as you want in paradise. Rise before dawn and journey up the summit of Haleakala or live your passions, exploring art, culture and heritage in picturesque surrounds. Give yourself permission to connect with your surrounds without worrying about a thing. This evening, celebrate a soul-stirring encounter with Hawaii, joining your travel companions for a lively Luau and Farewell Dinner featuring tropical cocktails and the sounds of old Hawaii.
Meals: Breakfast, Farewell Dinner
Day 8 - Depart Maui
For now it's time to say a fond a hui hou... until we meet again. Take your transfer to the airport or consider extending your stay in Maui.
Tour Dates & Pricing
- Sunday March 15th, 2020 - Sunday March 22nd, 2020
- Sunday March 29th, 2020 - Sunday April 5th, 2020
- Sunday April 5th, 2020 - Sunday April 12th, 2020
- Sunday April 12th, 2020 - Sunday April 19th, 2020
- Thursday April 16th, 2020 - Thursday April 23rd, 2020
- Sunday April 26th, 2020 - Sunday May 3rd, 2020
- Sunday May 3rd, 2020 - Sunday May 10th, 2020
- Thursday May 7th, 2020 - Thursday May 14th, 2020
- Sunday May 10th, 2020 - Sunday May 17th, 2020
- Sunday May 24th, 2020 - Sunday May 31st, 2020
- Thursday June 4th, 2020 - Thursday June 11th, 2020
- Sunday June 7th, 2020 - Sunday June 14th, 2020
- Sunday June 21st, 2020 - Sunday June 28th, 2020
- Sunday July 5th, 2020 - Sunday July 12th, 2020
- Sunday July 12th, 2020 - Sunday July 19th, 2020
- Sunday July 26th, 2020 - Sunday August 2nd, 2020
- Sunday August 2nd, 2020 - Sunday August 9th, 2020
- Sunday August 9th, 2020 - Sunday August 16th, 2020
- Sunday August 16th, 2020 - Sunday August 23rd, 2020
- Sunday August 23rd, 2020 - Sunday August 30th, 2020
- Sunday August 30th, 2020 - Sunday September 6th, 2020
- Sunday September 13th, 2020 - Sunday September 20th, 2020
- Thursday September 17th, 2020 - Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Sunday October 4th, 2020 - Sunday October 11th, 2020
- Sunday October 11th, 2020 - Sunday October 18th, 2020
- Sunday October 18th, 2020 - Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Thursday October 22nd, 2020 - Thursday October 29th, 2020
- Sunday November 1st, 2020 - Sunday November 8th, 2020
- Sunday November 29th, 2020 - Sunday December 6th, 2020
- Sunday December 6th, 2020 - Sunday December 13th, 2020