Maybe you’re asking yourself, why should I go to Disney this year? Well, Disney Parks are constantly growing and improving, and this year is no different. After all, it is The Happiest Place on Earth! Here are six reasons to visit Disney Parks in 2016.
1. New Frozen Attractions: At Epcot this spring, the new “Frozen” Ever After attraction will take guests through the kingdom of Arendelle by visiting Elsa’s Ice Palace, North Mountain, and the Bay of Arendelle. Guests will also get to experience “Frozen” character greetings at Epcot, featuring Elsa and her sister Anna.
Later this summer at Disney California Adventure Park, guests will be treated with the new “Frozen” inspired stage musical at Hyperion Theater.
2. In a Galaxy Far, Far Away: New Star Wars inspired experiences will be unveiled at Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park in California and at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida. End the night by viewing “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular” firework show that is sure to light up the sky, while accompanied by “Star Wars” music at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
3. Animal Kingdom by Night: The new “Rivers of Light” show will bring Animal Kingdom alive at night with its show of floating lanterns, water screens and swirling animal imagery. Kilimanjaro Safaris, also at Animal Kingdom, will expand its operating hours this spring so you can experience the sunset in this African savanna.
4. More Food & Beverage Options: New restaurants are popping up everywhere! Try Jungle Skipper Canteen at Magic Kingdom Park, Tiffins at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, and River Belle Terrace and Rancho del Zocalo at Disneyland Park.
5. The Invictus Games Bring International Competition: The second edition of The Invictus Games, an international Paralympic-style multi-sport event for wounded servicemen and veterans, will be celebrated at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World. Cheer them on while they compete May 8-12, 2016.
If you can’t wait until then, go sooner during the spring to experience the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival March 2-May 30, 2016. Fall will bring the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
7. Fun for All Ages: Starting January 16, 2016, adult guests can spend the night dancing and dining at Club Villain at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The event, Sunset Showcase, will be hosted by Dr. Facilier and cohosts.
Related PostsView More
Alaska Travel Tips with Fox Alaska Experts
If you’ve never been to Alaska, now is the time to start thinking about planning a trip to the Last Frontier. Whether you decide to visit by cruise with our very own Colleen Alsberg or Rose... Read More
Top Chicago Tips from Fox Stars
Whether you’re in town for a long layover or that big conference, we understand that you may not have time to do research when it comes to what to eat, see and do in Chicago – This is where... Read More
Choose Baltimore for Your Next Corporate Event
Looking for a change of scenery when it comes to your company’s next big event? Beautiful Baltimore offers all the features of a larger city without some of the stress points that may deter... Read More