River Cruising is quickly becoming one of the most intimate ways to explore destinations. Many towns were built along the waterways, so you can only imagine the rich history in these small towns. As a niche of cruising, river and canal cruises are an increasingly popular option, particularly for travelers who enjoy the comforts and variety of cruising, but want to see more of the heartland of destinations like Europe, Asia, Egypt South America.
To get a better idea of what river cruising is all about, view our Avalon Waterways brochure. Call 888-369-8785 to find out how you can receive travel agency discounts beyond what you’ll find anywhere else!
- Sightseeing by Bicycle
- Fantastic Shore Tours
- Back Country Exploring
- You’ll Never Get Bored
- New Twist on Europe’s Rivers: Luxury Boats – New Ships are Coming Out Each Year, including Avalon Waterways Newest Suite Ships!
- River Companies Are Increasingly Eco-friendly
- Great Value: Food, Wine, Education, Tours
- Boutique Custom Cabins – Unique!
Popular River Cruise Itineraries – Avalon Waterways
- Romantic Rhine – 8 days Amsterdam to Basel or Zurich to Amsterdam
- The Legendary Danube – 11 days Prague to Budapest
- Paris to Normandy’s Landing Beaches – 8 days Paris to Paris
- Magnificent Europe – 15 days Amsterdam to Budapest or Budapest to Amsterdam
- Magical China and the Yangtze River – 11 Days Beiijing, Xi’an, 3-night Yangtze River Cruise, Shanghai
Sample Theme River Cruises – Avalon Waterways
- Wine River Cruises – Avalon Waterways
Burgundy and Provence: Departing October 29, 2012
The Legendary Danube: Departing November 1, 2012
The Blue Danube Discovery: Departing July 23, 2012
Windmills, Vineyards & Paris: October 18, 2012
- European History and Politics River Cruises – Avalon Waterways
Jewels of Central Europe: July 26, 2012
The Blue Danube Discovery: July 26, 2012
Central European Experience: August 2, 2012
- Art and Impressionist River Cruises – Avalon Waterways
Paris to Normandy’s Landing Beaches: October 30, 2012
- Jewish Heritage River Cruises – Avalon Waterways
The Blue Danube Discovery: October 29, 2012
- Music River Cruises – Avalon Waterways
Burgundy and Provence/Grand France: Jazz Cruise June 25, 2012
Magnificent Europe: Music Cruise October 24, 2012
- President’s River Cruises
If you would like to plan an Avalon Waterways River Cruise, our River Cruises travel specialists will be an excellent resource for you! Many have traveled on river cruises in the past two years and have so much advice to share with travelers. Call 888-369-8785 to plan your next truly intimate vacation experience on a river boat!