October 10 is World Health Mental Day. In large part, wellbeing is about making room for being comfortable, healthy or happy amid the stresses that are an intrinsic part of life. Here are some of our favorite quick tips for resetting or improving your mood in less than 10 minutes, all of which can be done while on the road traveling or in the comfort of your own home.
- Close your eyes and inhale for four seconds and exhale for five seconds. Continue for five minutes.
- Have a solo dance party. It might sound silly, but don’t worry no one is watching! Blast a feel-good song that makes you feel empowered or reminds you of a happy time. You will be surprised what a little physical activity can do.
- Grab a notebook or your iPad and list a few things that you are grateful for. Taking time to concentrate on the positive helps change your mindset.
- Brew yourself a cup of your favorite coffee or tea, read a few pages of your favorite book or just enjoy a few moments in silence.
- Crush a workout. There are plenty of workouts that accomplish a lot in a short amount of time and with a little amount of space for those of us in our hotel rooms. The endorphins released when you exercise help you naturally relieve stress.
- TREAT YOURSELF. At the end of the day, you deserve it. Find the thing that makes you happy and go for it. Buy yourself that extra something, put on an outfit that makes you feel good — at the end of the day, whatever it is, celebrate you.
Related PostsView More
3 Cities to Visit in The Netherlands That Aren’t Amsterdam
When we say Netherlands, you say….? Chances are most people think of Amsterdam when they think about vacationing to the Netherlands – but the truth is, there is so much more to the... Read More
Set Your Sights on Scandinavia
Savor the sweet fresh air of Denmark, Norway and Sweden on a journey filled with natural wonders in Scandinavia. The magnificent trio of Denmark, Norway and Sweden teem with scenic vistas defined... Read More
Australia’s Tropical North
Tropical North Queensland There’s no place on Earth like Tropical North Queensland, surrounded by reef, wrapped in rainforest, and circled by the red-dirt Outback. Here you’ll discover the... Read More