Online Entry Immigration Form for Mexico

Are you traveling to Mexico?  To ease the immigration entry process, you can now fill out the Mexico Immigration Form online prior to travel.   This is an alternative to filling out the immigration forms typically filled out on the airline upon your arrival in Mexico.

(Travel Advisory: Some commercial airlines no longer hand out immigration forms aboard their airplanes.  We highly recommend you fill out the form(s) online now so you don’t delay your immigration process when you arrive in Mexico.)

Apply for a tourist card online on the website of Mexico’s National Immigration Institute: Entry Immigration Form Tourist Card.

Please note that the tourist card must be completed for every person traveling, regardless of age and how long you are staying in Mexico. It’s important to note that you can’t fill out this form until you are within 30 days of travel.  So when you’re within this timeframe, and ready to complete these forms online, here’s  how it works.

Here’s what you need to complete the form:

  • Contact information
  • Passport information
  • Full Name of the Hotel in Mexico (Address is asked, but not required)
  • Arrival flight information
  • Email address to send you the Tourist Card
  • A printer to print the Tourist Card

Important Reminder: Do not forget to sign the form, or you may delay your entry into Mexico.

Tourist Card FAQ:

What is a Tourist Card and why do I need it?

  • If you are visiting Mexico you need a Tourist Card which is an Entry Immigration Form that details information about your visit to Mexico. The Tourist Card is per person regardless of age and how long you will stay in Mexico. The information you provide in the Tourist Card is kept by the Mexican Immigration Authority as an official record of your visit to Mexico.

Do I need to send my passport for inspection?

  • NO, you DO NOT need to send your passport. On the application form will ask you for the information needed from your passport in order to process your Tourist Card. When you land in Mexico you will be required to present your passport and your Tourist Card to enter Mexico.

How long do I have to keep my Tourist Card?

  • There are two (2) parts of the Immigration Form, the Entry Form & the Exit Form. You will be emailed both forms already completed with the proper information and when you arrive in Mexico you will immediately proceed to the immigration booth at the airport where the immigration officer will keep the ENTRY Part of your form and he/she will stamp the Exit Part of the form which you will keep while in Mexico. When you are checking in for your flight back home, you will present the Exit Part of your form along with your passport.

Questions?  Please contact your travel agent.

Web site: